Grundy County @ McMinn Central (Substate)

blitzinbuc

None of the girls (Grundy's or Central's) should be pointed out and criticized. The game was a great game between 2 very talented teams. 1 had to win and 1 had to lose.

You're exactly right! Though neither team had their best game, it was the best these two teams' warriors could play against each other last night. In case no one else noticed, it was an intense, physical game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first sour grapes comment I've read from any Grundy fan. Kids will be kids, and them having clean fun with their chants has nothing to do with "lack of class". I've cheered on teams who's opponents had exuberant students like Central's, and it never bothered me as an adult.

And you still think Grundy girls were better? Really? Well, you're entitled to your opinion. :roll:

Of course you think that way, your from McMinn central.........again great show of class. Sit down and shut up :)

You're exactly right! Though neither team had their best game, it was the best these two teams' warriors could play against each other last night. In case no one else noticed, it was an intense, physical game.

Agree! Very intense, physical game.

The boards are getting about as intense as the game was last night. The Central student section was just that, students cheering on their classmates and friends. I will say after the rough past few weeks for these kids, it was nice to see the them smiling and having a good time again. They were not doing anything obscene or out of line. They were just kids being kids and having fun. Nothing more than any of us parents would expect from any other student section. I know it was tough for Grundy loosing such an important game for them, but don't slam our students for cheering on their team because of the loss.

I have to say that McMinn's student section was absolutely the worse! I believe in cheering my team on but when you start chanting such things as "sit down -shut up" at the other teams fans, that just shows absolutely no class at all! Can!t believe that McMinn would allow that! Grundy

girls were the better team no doubt. We just couldn't hit the front of our 1 in 1 foul shots.

As long as the kids don't get vulgar, that's just part of the reward for earning home court advantage. :thumb:

This was a good, hard fought, physical and exciting game! Central slowed it down in 4th quarter to run some time off. Hence the 9 point win, instead of the 15 point win, IMO. If Trentham doesnt get in foul trouble early, the rout would have continued, but that's a part of the game. Have to credit that to the Lady Jackets offense. They took it to the post last night and wore Central out on several occasions. Defense tightened up as well and took Central's role players out of the ball game. That's when Masengil had to take over and she was unstoppable last night. She is very strong when taking it up to the basket and VERY deserving of the Miss Basketball Title she is going to receive next week. You don't win a state tourny MVP in 2011, have the season and tournament she's having in 2012 and not be worthy of Miss Basketball.

PS: Free throws are a crucial part of the game of basketball. Central took care of business, for the most part, from the line and Grundy failed.

Good game, hope we meet Grundy again! Nice to see the fan support from Grundy County. A lot of proud people from that part of the state. It's ashame one team had to lose, but its over now. We can stop bickerin at each other. :thumb:

As long as the kids don't get vulgar, that's just part of the reward for earning home court advantage. :thumb:

Nothing wrong at all with cheering your team on. But telling people to sit down and shut up does not classify as "cheering their team on". That was just being rude. Nothing to do with motivating their team.

Nothing wrong at all with cheering your team on. But telling people to sit down and shut up does not classify as "cheering their team on". That was just being rude. Nothing to do with motivating their team.

I chuckled a little at it. Just kids being kids. May have taken it a little too far, obviously they offended some people. Especially the ADULT that stood up and flipped them off. It was a sad situation to see. They are kids, he was an ADULT. I'm sorry for the Grundy fans that might be judged by that one person's reaction. I know Grundy fans are classy people that are passionate about their kids. Congrats on the season, lets just drop the fussin and fightin. Thanks, hope we meet again next year.