Grundy County @ McMinn Central (Substate)

blitzinbuc

Throughout the year, Grundy has performed exceptionally well on road, and I believe their road record is more impressive than their home record. I don't see the environment affecting their play.... I am interested to see how Wiseman and Massengil match up though. Should make for an interesting game!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central is very, very tough at home. If this game was on a neutral court I would call it a toss-up. Just being at Central would cause me to give it to Central by 3. If GC has never visited the Round House then you have to add another 3. No offense to GC fans but come ready to battle all your senses. Cripes it gets hot in there.

Central is very, very tough at home. If this game was on a neutral court I would call it a toss-up. Just being at Central would cause me to give it to Central by 3. If GC has never visited the Round House then you have to add another 3. No offense to GC fans but come ready to battle all your senses. Cripes it gets hot in there.

I don't get nervouse that often when we play at home. Only when Livingston comes to town. Ya'll make me nervous every time. I'd love to see some Livingston/Central regular season games in the future. Would be great non-district prep games for tournament time. Possibly the best non-district, non-area rivalry in the state. Good luck against East Hamilton. They came ready to play last night and have the ability to frustrate you. Don't expect many fans though, We outnumbered them 4 to 1 in there own town. I wonder how many will make it up to Livingston (which has a pretty intimidating home court if I remember correctly ;)

I don't get nervouse that often when we play at home. Only when Livingston comes to town. Ya'll make me nervous every time. I'd love to see some Livingston/Central regular season games in the future. Would be great non-district prep games for tournament time. Possibly the best non-district, non-area rivalry in the state. Good luck against East Hamilton. They came ready to play last night and have the ability to frustrate you. Don't expect many fans though, We outnumbered them 4 to 1 in there own town. I wonder how many will make it up to Livingston (which has a pretty intimidating home court if I remember correctly ;)

I agree, a Livingston & Central home/home matchup would be huge and profitable to the host team during the regular season. I don't think either coach would shy away from it if presented, but both of them probably figure it's bad enough having to play each other every year in substate or state, so why add the stress to the regular season by pursuing it. :roflol:

East Hamilton can frustrate you for a half or 3 quarters, especially if you're not playing well (like Central like night), but Livingston won't have a problem disposing on them at their place, even playing average. EH is still a reatively new school (3rd year?), so they're following will mostly be player's parents and a few student....probably no more than a 100 people.

I imagine Livinston is just as intimidating for opponents playing there.

The gym's heat factor is something the Central ladies are acclimated to, and part of what wears opponents down.

Throughout the year, Grundy has performed exceptionally well on road, and I believe their road record is more impressive than their home record. I don't see the environment affecting their play.... I am interested to see how Wiseman and Massengil match up though. Should make for an interesting game!

No offense meant but Massengil wins matchup, hands down. If you don't think the environment in the roundhouse will effect their play, you've never been there before.

Edited by rabbitranch

I don't think that it is a complement or boasting remark to talk about how hot a gym is #itscalled"getairconditioning"

It has nothing to do with air conditioning when you pack 3000+ fans around that court. Get ready for an atmosphere you've never seen before. You were warned.

Oh, and it's compl 'I' ment. #spellcheck #properuseofoftenconfusedwords

Appreciate the heads up McMinn folks. Just told the coach to turn the heat on in the gym for practice the next two days to help adjust to that nonsense....

Del,

Hope to see you at the game Saturday. Really miss those Friday Night Central/Grundy football match-ups. I think elhosel will be wandering around somewhere too. I hope the Central fans do not underestimate the Lady Jackets. I believe they have played together awhile and for sure will bring a physical style of play to the Round House. We do have AC, works great outside the gym but with the crowd just will not keep up.....Get there early!

We