Grundy County @ McMinn Central (Substate)

blitzinbuc

YOU must have a lonely life then. What got us tonight was FT's competition in 4AA region better than MC area. If you miss 15 FT's it's hard to win.GC girls have nothing to be ashamed of. How many other teams have to play the #2,#1 and defending State Champs in a week. ZERO

Nice post.

Tough week for the Lady Jackets. Part of play-off basketball. Experience will only make the Lady Jackets program better. No doubt Region 4AA is better that Region 3AA but you play who you have to play to get to the dance. With Masingil, a group of 3 point sharp shooter plus a pressure defense with plenty of depth will give the Chargerettes a chance at the Boro.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us saying doesn't prove it. You still need to go prove it. Good luck down the road to both teams.

I still think Grundy is beyond capable of beating both those teams but we just didn't prove it. What's going to make it worse and maybe better?... is if LA or MC wins the whole dance. If that happens our girls will know they had it all in the palm of their hands. This is one of the best Lady Jacket teams we've ever had. Got a lot of work to do going forward since we lose 7 seniors. Don't think I've ever seen Grundy lose this much talent to graduation and I've been watching a long time...like even before Ricky Richards coached. Julie, Ricky and Russell have their work cut out for them for next year.

DL.

Not making excuses at all, but the Chargerettes didn't have one of their best shooting performances last night and didn't play particularly well offensively.....but I credit some of that to Grundy. Both teams missed a LOT of opportunities.

When Central went up by 15 or so points - playing that bad - I knew they'd win. But the Lady Jackets fought courageously until the end.

Honestly, I just don't see this Central team winning it all this year.....especially if they play like they did last night. But, as a Central fan you have to remind yourself that the Chargerettes were playing one of the best veteran teams in the state, very capable of beating any AA team.

You folks are twisting what I'm saying. I'm not saying Grundy is the best. I'm saying they're just as good as. Last night was no where near as good an effort as Grundy is capable of either. Shift a couple of things and results change. I've seen enough to know we're that good against without question the two best teams I've seen this year and in a while. Against two teams that are deeper than I've seen in a long time.

So if you're taking my comments as any kind of knock against LA or MC you're talking out your rear. I have nothing but admiration for both those teams. They're great. While I won't be going to Murf now I still love to see those two in the state title game. I hope the bracket draws that way for all the fans sake. It will be one dandy game where I'd give LA the advantage. But they don't decide these things on predictions do they? :popcorneater:

Good luck to both teams. As for the Lady Jackets if anyone tells you that you're not as good as both of those teams send them to see me. I've got a few things for them. And you are without question one of the best Grundy teams EVER. :thumb:

DL.

Not making excuses at all, but the Chargerettes didn't have one of their best shooting performances last night and didn't play particularly well offensively.....but I credit some of that to Grundy. Both teams missed a LOT of opportunities.

When Central went up by 15 or so points - playing that bad - I knew they'd win. But the Lady Jackets fought courageously until the end.

Honestly, I just don't see this Central team winning it all this year.....especially if they play like they did last night. But, as a Central fan you have to remind yourself that the Chargerettes were playing one of the best veteran teams in the state, very capable of beating any AA team.

I have to say that McMinn's student section was absolutely the worse! I believe in cheering my team on but when you start chanting such things as "sit down -shut up" at the other teams fans, that just shows absolutely no class at all! Can!t believe that McMinn would allow that! Grundy

girls were the better team no doubt. We just couldn't hit the front of our 1 in 1 foul shots.

Coach Morgan's run and jump is one of the top ten presses in the state. Add in the venue...Central by 15.

Not the best or top press, they actually had to come out of it because of the Lady Jackets breaking it. I think they had around 6 pts off of it. and it wasn't 15. you leave FT's on the floor and don't hit that was the killer

It's funny how when a team looses, they immediately say they were better than the winning team. Not always the case guys! A couple of the Chargerettes didn't even have a real good night last night. It's all a matter of opinion as to who was the "best" team. :popcorneater:

Congrats to the Lady Jackets for their successful season. You girls should be proud of your accomplishment this year. And I will say it was nice to see all the fans who came out to support their team. We have played some schools who didn't have any more than 20 or so fans who came to watch them. :D

did you ever think it may have been the D on the girls that "didn't have a real good night"

Just read this quote in Herald Citizen....."Wiseman's a woman," Riddle said. "I don't think they're finished. I think they can easily beat McMinn Central." They were interviewing Ms. Riddle after the Livingston/Grundy County game.

Apparently Grundy's coach thought they could "easily beat" the Chargerettes...... :roflolk:

Just read this quote in Herald Citizen....."Wiseman's a woman," Riddle said. "I don't think they're finished. I think they can easily beat McMinn Central." They were interviewing Ms. Riddle after the Livingston/Grundy County game.

Apparently Grundy's coach thought they could "easily beat" the Chargerettes...... :roflolk:

not really impressed by the best "press" in the state MC was supposed to have either. hard for a player like Wiseman to get in a routine when you are having to set fue to foul situations. Massengale good player but not "Miss basketball" sorry as far as Coach would easily beat chargers.... Riddle is not GC's coach

Edited by mtnman80

not really impressed by the best "press" in the state MC was supposed to have either. hard for a player like Wiseman to get in a routine when you are having to set fue to foul situations. Massengale good player but not "Miss basketball" sorry as far as Coach would easily beat chargers.... Riddle is not GC's coach

My bad...wasn't Grundy' Coach that made that statement. I am willing to say when I made a mistake...

Now the statement about Elizabeth Masengil is obviously coming from a person who is upset over the game and trying to get back at the Chargerettes and their fans by singling out one player. Elizabeth is a VERY deserving candidate who is full of class and talent and anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue. None of the girls (Grundy's or Central's) should be pointed out and criticized. The game was a great game between 2 very talented teams. 1 had to win and 1 had to lose.

YOU must have a lonely life then. What got us tonight was FT's competition in 4AA region better than MC area. If you miss 15 FT's it's hard to win.GC girls have nothing to be ashamed of. How many other teams have to play the #2,#1 and defending State Champs in a week. ZERO

Have a great off-season! Also, the LA did it in 2009 and then fell short to Gibson County in the ship. It does happen. Just not often. However, congratulations to those two post players on a fine run.

I have to say that McMinn's student section was absolutely the worse! I believe in cheering my team on but when you start chanting such things as "sit down -shut up" at the other teams fans, that just shows absolutely no class at all! Can!t believe that McMinn would allow that! Grundy

girls were the better team no doubt. We just couldn't hit the front of our 1 in 1 foul shots.

This is the first sour grapes comment I've read from any Grundy fan. Kids will be kids, and them having clean fun with their chants has nothing to do with "lack of class". I've cheered on teams who's opponents had exuberant students like Central's, and it never bothered me as an adult.

And you still think Grundy girls were better? Really? Well, you're entitled to your opinion. :roll: