R1AA Chuckey-Doak

skate2ice

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was delayed because of tornado warnings last night...after April last year, they can't be too careful.

As far as being surprised, I am not at all. CD is a solid ball team and while grainger is as well, it is extremely difficult to beat a good team 4 times in one year...especially playing on their home floor 3 of those times!

Grainger peaked early this year and had some injury issues they had a hard time over coming from what I can gather...but regardless, good luck to both teams in the substate :)

Anyone there? Is this a surprise that CD won? Eager to hear details! ... and just curious, why was it delayed a day from the other Region Champ games?

Not surprised. CD has 4-yr starter at point. She hates to lose and has a good post and good role players around her. Playing on home court had to help also. Grainger hadn't lost since November...that streak was bound to end some time.

Good luck to both in sub-state!

It was delayed because of tornado warnings last night...after April last year, they can't be too careful.

As far as being surprised, I am not at all. CD is a solid ball team and while grainger is as well, it is extremely difficult to beat a good team 4 times in one year...especially playing on their home floor 3 of those times!

Grainger peaked early this year and had some injury issues they had a hard time over coming from what I can gather...but regardless, good luck to both teams in the substate :)

It's also difficult to win when the officials are looking the other way when players are dragged and pushed to the floor with no fouls called. I won't say this just for Grainger. I've watched throughout the district and region games. CD came out on top from the officials 100% of the time. CD security made sure EVERY other team stayed in their seats and off the floor while CD fans were allowed to stand and stand on the floor 100%. I won't blame the losses of all the other teams 100% on the officials, but I will attribute at least 75%. By the way...I won't take anything away from the CD ladies. They played a tough game, and have all season.

Edited by agitator53

Not surprised. CD has 4-yr starter at point. She hates to lose and has a good post and good role players around her. Playing on home court had to help also. Grainger hadn't lost since November...that streak was bound to end some time.

Good luck to both in sub-state!

The streak ended due to missed shots and missed calls by the officials. CD has been the favored team throughout the district and region games hands down! Any disagreement, you may want to go back and view ALL the tapes of the games. Again, I will say nothing against the Lady Knights. They've played well throughout the tournaments.

Edited by agitator53

Way to go Lady Knights! After seeing them play Grainger in the district tournament, I was pleasantly surprised by the regional final outcome! Congratulations Coach Frye; it's great to see pride in the girls team.

You forgot to thank the officials for all the missed calls in this game, and in all the other games as well. They made a difference in all the games involved...especially South Greene and Grainger! I'll take nothing away from the Lady Knights, but they had 3 extra players on the floor throughout the district and region. CD needs to remember that if they ever have opportunity to host again, that the tournament is NOT about CD, but about the entire district/region. Not a class act in how everyone else was treated. Visiting teams are treated much better over near the Gap...always have.

Edited by agitator53

The streak ended due to missed shots and missed calls by the officials. CD has been the favored team throughout the district and region games hands down! Any disagreement, you may want to go back and view ALL the tapes of the games. Again, I will say nothing against the Lady Knights. They've played well throughout the tournaments.

Ok first of all, stop whatever you are doing and take a deep breath. Now, go and read any thread about district 2AA or region 1AA. I have been the biggest defender of Grainger. All I said is that I am not surprised that CD won. In girls basketball if you have a great pg and good or decent players around her, you have a chance in most games. Many good girls basketball teams depend on a full-court press or half-court traps to beat teams. Those 2 things don't bother teams with a great pg.

Last week I thought Grainger was the best team in the region...and I still do. But, they weren't the best team last night.

As far as playing a region game (even 1st round) on a teams home floor, I think it is a disgrace! You play home/away versus everyone in your district during the season. District and Regional tournaments should be on neutral floors.

Congrats to CD on the win and to Grainger for a great season...hope to see both go to state!

Ok first of all, stop whatever you are doing and take a deep breath. Now, go and read any thread about district 2AA or region 1AA. I have been the biggest defender of Grainger. All I said is that I am not surprised that CD won. In girls basketball if you have a great pg and good or decent players around her, you have a chance in most games. Many good girls basketball teams depend on a full-court press or half-court traps to beat teams. Those 2 things don't bother teams with a great pg.

Last week I thought Grainger was the best team in the region...and I still do. But, they weren't the best team last night.

As far as playing a region game (even 1st round) on a teams home floor, I think it is a disgrace! You play home/away versus everyone in your district during the season. District and Regional tournaments should be on neutral floors.

Congrats to CD on the win and to Grainger for a great season...hope to see both go to state!

Breath taken. I completely agree that district and region should be on neutral floors. I have no big beef with CD. The Lady Knights played hard. I do have a problem with the officials. They were totally biased. Still not the total reason for losses, but the unskilled officials did make a difference. The CD/South Greene game was one of the most evident. Not saying they were the complete reason. I just hate to see a hard working team have a great season tarnished by poor officials. I don't care if it's CD, Greeneville, Grainger, Cumberland Gap, South Greene, or anyone else in our district/region. The level of excellence in the majority of the officials I've seen this year is at an all time low! Thank goodness we still have a FEW who still call an orderly and professional game. The rest need to go back to Upwards Basketball and learn again.

Breath taken. I completely agree that district and region should be on neutral floors. I have no big beef with CD. The Lady Knights played hard. I do have a problem with the officials. They were totally biased. Still not the total reason for losses, but the unskilled officials did make a difference. The CD/South Greene game was one of the most evident. Not saying they were the complete reason. I just hate to see a hard working team have a great season tarnished by poor officials. I don't care if it's CD, Greeneville, Grainger, Cumberland Gap, South Greene, or anyone else in our district/region. The level of excellence in the majority of the officials I've seen this year is at an all time low! Thank goodness we still have a FEW who still call an orderly and professional game. The rest need to go back to Upwards Basketball and learn again.

I wasn't at the game at CD but region aaa it was like the best team on the floor was called against Like the refs was trying to keep the games close.I try not to blame the refs for a loss because your suppose to play through them. But they should be fair and not worry who is playing ,just call the game fair and dont act like your the best thing in the gym

I agree about officiating. It is consistently bad, I think for 2 reasons: 1-many call college ball too and high school pay is a lot lower, so the best call less high school. 2-they are way too sensitive! They listen way too much too the crowd and then call worse (sometimes out of spite).