Bearettes, Jets and just bad Refs

Ericblair

Well congrats on losing in OT. I'm sure LC appreciates the well wishes.

They'll need it if they play Riverdale.

Losing is losing........

have a good summer.

Lawrence county has had the good fortune to play Riverdale three times this year - losing by 26, then 11, and finally 28, but we were the only team in Tennessee to hold them to less then 60 points and we did it twice. As they say - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We may get outplayed in the 'boro but we will not be intimidated.

Losing is losing........

have a good summer.

Yes losing is losing and it never feels good and I wish for nothing but reconciliaction for those on the losing end including the Lady Jets. Drowning in six inches of water versus six feet is still drowning. Yet there remains a young Bearette whose season and career was cut short by a cheap shop that wonders what does any of this this have to do with playing basketball.

Dont waste your time complaining about bad officiating. It will do no good to complain to TSSAA. Gene Menessis(sp) will tell you they dont have enough referees, will not do anything about it, will take no responsibility for it, nor will watch any game film. What a joke he is and TSSAA. Why does this position even exist. Now if they have an opportunity to eject and fine coaches, players, schools and fans, they love to get involved. It covers his salary and others. This is not whining but fact. Call him and complain and you will be told the same thing.

If they don't have enough refs go back to using 2 they will do just as good or bad of a job as the case may be as 3 plus it will save the schools some money.

I agree. I have not noticed any great improvement in officiating with the advent of 3 officials. In fact, I think the quality has gone down, with some officials apparently blowing their whistles to justify their existence.

If you mean that the officials "from the Lawrence County area" are from Region 4 you should know that Region 4 extends from Murfreesboro south to the Alabama line. There are probably officials in Region 4 who could not find Lawrence County with a GPS and to intimate that they would allow a player to be injured in order to better Lawrence County's chances to beat Bradley is beyond stupid.

Perhaps you are right and I mean no disrespect to Lawrence County. Their girls played with class and I don't think I saw their coach yell at the referees one time. I was very impressed with how they handled themselves. The fans were a little boisterous, but whose aren't. I have edited my earlier post and took out my conspiracy theory suggestion. Just spoken out of frustration with the horrible game that was called.

Perhaps you are right and I mean no disrespect to Lawrence County. Their girls played with class and I don't think I saw their coach yell at the referees one time. I was very impressed with how they handled themselves. The fans were a little boisterous, but whose aren't. I have edited my earlier post and took out my conspiracy theory suggestion. Just spoken out of frustration with the horrible game that was called.

We all get frustrated at times and to have your District MVP injured by a flagrant foul and then unable to play in the substate game is heartbreaking. Best of luck to Bradley Central and prayers for the continued recovery of your player.

We all get frustrated at times and to have your District MVP injured by a flagrant foul and then unable to play in the substate game is heartbreaking. Best of luck to Bradley Central and prayers for the continued recovery of your player.

One of the best games Ive seen in a long time, its ashamed someone has to lose a game like that, congrats to both teams!!

CDL : in response to your post about the wonderful christian athlete at CCHS i am sure she is all that you say she is. However, in the Region finals she lost her composure early in the game and never could regain it. After sending one player to the hospital, she pushed and shoved a couple of more times. Intent is certainly something that is hard to determine. However listening to crowd or Mob in some pockets of the gym it sure looked and smelled malicious. Another Jet player who I am sure is a great kid also lost it temporaily and shoved 2 opposing players to the floor to end the game and was greeted on the floor by the head coach with a high five. Some of your great fans began to yell and encourage the "dirty" play. I know because I set beside a woman who yelled out give them what they deserve on more the one occasion. I am not sure where the hatred came from other than Bradley bringing a Pep bus with high School kids that set in CCHS normal seats..... Make no mistake the behavior displayed by both players and Fans was that of HATE and Disgust of the visiting team. The bottem line is this nobody is judging the players because frustration and losing has affected alot of athletes to do things they would not normally do. P.S. One of the cheerleaders moms cheered vigoursly for the Ooltewah boys and after the game got in the team picture with them????? talk about bizzare. Now there were some nice CCHS fans so this was not everyone. Please do not suggest that Bradley was being babies about this because we did just lose a sub state game without the services of our senior leader who watched with a headache from the concussion she suffered at your gym caused by an elbow from your FCA member.

Losing is losing........

have a good summer.

Jet fan2 congrats on having the worst sportsmanship of the year of any team the i have watched. Your team we can forgive because they are kids and only are acting out what they are ecouraged to do by you the fans and parents, and coach's...... A little advice work more on shooting and less on cheap shots it will serve you well in the years to come.