Reserved Seating at Livingston

chatter

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to East Hamilton hosting the Region 3AA Tournament a couple years ago and charging to park. That's the only time I've ever seen a high school do that for basketball, but the problem was the guy taking up the money as people drove in saying it wasn't an option and people had to pay to park.......which I knew was wrong and told him so. Anyway, the TSSAA came down pretty hard on ER's Principal and Athletic Director the next day for not informing the people taking up the money that they could only ask for a donation for parking.

hey BUC bradley was charging at the district tournment is that legal? i ask and one said it was a donation but all the signs said $2.00 to park!! i rember the east hamiton deal. :popcorneater:

Edited by owls70

hey BUC bradley was charging at the district tournment is that legal? i ask and one said it was a donation but all the signs said $2.00 to park!! i rember the east hamiton deal. :popcorneater:

Yes, it's legal to ask for a donation to park.....BUT it should be indicated that it is a donation on the sign. BTW, this applies to any regular season games, too, for any sport held at any public school site.

Columbia charges 2 dollars to park at their football games. I have asked for years, how do they get to do that when no other schools in our district charge for parking. I have paid parking fees for football games at cookeville high school as well, that was $4. Interesting....

Columbia charges 2 dollars to park at their football games. I have asked for years, how do they get to do that when no other schools in our district charge for parking. I have paid parking fees for football games at cookeville high school as well, that was $4. Interesting....

If they'll put "DONATION" on ther parking sign, most people don't mind to give. However, if anyone is opposed to donating for whatever reason, just ask them if it's a donation if it's not spelled out on the sign (as it should be). If they say it's a charge to park, then turn them in to the TSSAA because they are in clear violation if it's on the high school campus.

Doesn't Cookeville High School play on Tech's campus? If that's the case, then it's probably Tech charging to park.

Not to necro, but wanted to share some information.

A friend of mine out of Tyner inquired to the TSSAA about this issue after Monday nights game and here is the email he received:

The only requirement we have is that the host school must provide the visiting school 50% of the tickets to pre sale,if they desire. We do not specify any seating arrangements.As long as they purchased tickets,they could allow their season ticket holders to set in their regular seats.This is not normally done but is not a violation of our guidelines.\

So the reserved seating is allowable. Not sure about the parking.

Hope this helps.

Not to necro, but wanted to share some information.

A friend of mine out of Tyner inquired to the TSSAA about this issue after Monday nights game and here is the email he received:

So the reserved seating is allowable. Not sure about the parking.

Hope this helps.

".....they could allow their season ticket holders to set in their regular seats...."

SET in their regular seats??? :roflol:

That is a direct paste from the email he sent me, which was forwarded from the TSSAA. They're administrative jocks not English teachers :)

I wasn't making fun of you and realized this nugget was from the TSSAA braintrust. Since the 'e' and 'i' are so far apart on a keyboard I assume it wasn't a typo, but he/she not knowing the proper word application.