Union City vs. Wartburg Central

Tornadopride

We know what Union City has, what about Wartburg Central ?

Union City will pound the ball inside, inside and inside. Then back outside. and the back inside. They are very young...one senior...one junior and a TON of gifted sophomores and start one freshman. One of our gifted sophomores is Amber Fair...she has laready scored well over 1000 points in her young career. This is the best team in the history of Union City and has never been this far before..won't be our last so get ready to see us the next few years. We are WELL COACHED and run the floor very well. Union City plays about 8 or 9 deep. We are brusers on the inside and will block your shot. And you WON't take a charge after you see our girls...they will hurt you on impact if you do. We play VERY HARD and never get tired. Hope for a clean and injury free game.

Edited by UCGRAD

Union City will pound the ball inside, inside and inside. Then back outside. and the back inside. They are very young...one senior...one junior and a TON of gifted sophomores and start one freshman. One of our gifted sophomores is Amber Fair...she has laready scored well over 1000 points in her young career. This is the best team in the history of Union City and has never been this far before..won't be our last so get ready to see us the next few years. We are WELL COACHED and run the floor very well. Union City plays about 8 or 9 deep. We are brusers on the inside and will block your shot. And you WON't take a charge after you see our girls...they will hurt you on impact if you do. We play VERY HARD and never get tired. Hope for a clean and injury free game.

Different coaching philosophy I would say, Wartburg will play their game!

Edited by ThrillaNvanilla

Different coaching philosophy I would say, Wartburg is not little, 2 girls 5'10 and another 6'1 inside, play about 8 or so is rotation, seen them play a few times this year. Should be good game,

Where are all these big girls for us that you speak of? I know the Laughter girl is 6-foot or so, but we don't have anybody else taller than 5'8.

From what I've heard, Wartburg is very physical as well and won't be intimidated by your bruisers. You forgot to put an "i" in bruisers, UCGRAD. Learn to spell, then talk trash. :D

Wow this sounds just like Wartburg LOL. Hope for a clean and injury free game also. Good luck to both teams!

From what I've heard, Wartburg is very physical as well and won't be intimidated by your bruisers. You forgot to put an "i" in bruisers, UCGRAD. Learn to spell, then talk trash. :D

Please take UC grad's trash talk with a grain of salt...UC fan here and we are playing our best basketball the last couple of weeks....we are far from being without flaws...we do however have an extremely young and talented team...just don't know if we can sustain our level of play...also not sure how they will react to being on the "Big Stage" !!!

Please take UC grad's trash talk with a grain of salt...UC fan here and we are playing our best basketball the last couple of weeks....we are far from being without flaws...we do however have an extremely young and talented team...just don't know if we can sustain our level of play...also not sure how they will react to being on the "Big Stage" !!!

Oh, I don't mind. I'm a Cloudland fan. I remember playing UC boys a few years back in the boro. Man, we got killed. I'm sure your team will be ready to play. I think everyone will have the jitters in their first games.

Oh, I don't mind. I'm a Cloudland fan. I remember playing UC boys a few years back in the boro. Man, we got killed. I'm sure your team will be ready to play. I think everyone will have the jitters in their first games.

If memory serves me right Wartburg went a few years ago, so 2nd time around will be good experience. Jitters will have an effect, but will wear off in few minutes..

I thought the coaches and players did fine in those games. The team just didn't shoot well, but to win in a tournament is to play well imo.

Wartburg has Laughter 6'1, Carter 5'11, Hamby 5'9, Davidson 5'9, and Phillips is about 5'6 on the wing, they play 8 players but can go to 9 if necessary. They are all built like basketball players and are not super big. Wartburg plays however they need to at a given time to win that game. Some games they press every possession, others it is more a 1/2 court game. They have been in 3 sub-states in the last 4 years so they are used to big games and have won their dist the last 2 years. I think each team in this contest is to be respected for making it this far and I feel that this will be a good contest for both teams. I can see how each team could blow the other out Wartburg with balanced 3 point barrage like they hit Tellico Plains with and UC with Amber Fair running wild. In reality though I think it will be somewhere in the middle with one team winning by 8-10 points. Whoever that team is who knows.. :roflol:

I thought the coaches and players did fine in those games. The team just didn't shoot well, but to win in a tournament is to play well imo.

Wartburg has Laughter 6'1, Carter 5'11, Hamby 5'9, Davidson 5'9, and Phillips is about 5'6 on the wing, they play 8 players but can go to 9 if necessary. They are all built like basketball players and are not super big. Wartburg plays however they need to at a given time to win that game. Some games they press every possession, others it is more a 1/2 court game. They have been in 3 sub-states in the last 4 years so they are used to big games and have won their dist the last 2 years. I think each team in this contest is to be respected for making it this far and I feel that this will be a good contest for both teams. I can see how each team could blow the other out Wartburg with balanced 3 point barrage like they hit Tellico Plains with and UC with Amber Fair running wild. In reality though I think it will be somewhere in the middle with one team winning by 8-10 points. Whoever that team is who knows.. :roflol:

Nice analysis