McMinn Obion may be two best teams in state

pioneer42

He's not a sore sport. Read the whole article. He gave Obion its due, and then stated the foul situation, which he was right about. The Times gave the stats. Hard to argue with that. Nearly 800 wins, 3 Silver Balls, 1 Gold Ball, in a few days, 2 Miss Basketballs, and TSSAA Hall of Famer who never says a word to praise himself hardly sounds like a weakness. He said Obion was the better team yesterday. He is an incredible influence to his team and a legend in East Tennessee basketball. He's also one of the nicest, most hardworking men you'll ever meet. Don't talk about things you don't know.

Dude, call it what you want.. any coach who blames the officials for a state tournament game is a sore sport. He owes the TSSAA an apology and the fellow competitors an apology.

Dude, call it what you want.. any coach who blames the officials for a state tournament game is a sore sport. He owes the TSSAA an apology and the fellow competitors an apology.

I'm having trouble believing you can read.

Edited by Cody

Dude your just pain dumb. Morgan is one of the best coaches in the state. If he wasnt there wouldnt be so much hardware sitting down in the roundhouse. I promise you no team wants to have to face them in any tournament. Officiating wasn't the best yesterday either way, I was there and watched it. He had a right to complain but so would have Obion if they would have lost. If it was best of three I'd still pick McMinn to win. But to bad its not and Obion won. I hope LA has a date with them on Saturday that means we beat CPA.

McMinn Central has a very competitive team and was a good match for Obion Central yesterday. Their weakness is that sore sport, cry baby coach... Morgan something... I mean did you read the Knoxville News Sentinal today? "Patience no virtue for McMinn Central; Coach says officiating the difference" ... What a "great" influence this guy is to his team. Here is the article... http://bit.ly/wIJi3k I'm glad he's on the other side of the state.

You make a good point! Bledsoe Co. played McMinn Central earlier in the yr. and was beat by the officials. Bledsoe had 6 girls to foul out to McMinn's 1. We lost by 12. 70 plus free throws between the two teams with McMinn having the advantage. Bledsoe will be a contender next yr. with 2 seniors, 6 juniors and 6 sophomores!!!!

You make a good point! Bledsoe Co. played McMinn Central earlier in the yr. and was beat by the officials. Bledsoe had 6 girls to foul out to McMinn's 1. We lost by 12. 70 plus free throws between the two teams with McMinn having the advantage. Bledsoe will be a contender next yr. with 2 seniors, 6 juniors and 6 sophomores!!!!

I also read about that game and I didn't read anywhere that the Bledsoe coach (Susan Warden, I believe) was a whiny cry baby... at least in the papers. I hope you guys kick some butt next year! :)

Edited by skate2ice

I also read about that game and I didn't read anywhere that the Bledsoe coach (Susan Warden, I believe) was a whiny cry baby... at least in the papers. I hope you guys kick some butt next year! :)

So clearly she didn't think anything bad about the refs or the multitude of fouls they had compared to Centrals because the papers didn't say so...irrelevant.

Did the officials beat you when Bledsoe played McMinn Central at home and lost by 17 points? :roflol:

So clearly she didn't think anything bad about the refs or the multitude of fouls they had compared to Centrals because the papers didn't say so...irrelevant.

BINGO! Sometimes coaches know their players' fouls were deserving so they have nothing to complain about. Morgan never whines about officiating, but I think he felt he needed to voice his opinion. And he did credit Obion for being the better team yesterday and deserving on the win.

He's not a sore sport. Read the whole article. He gave Obion its due, and then stated the foul situation, which he was right about. The Times gave the stats. Hard to argue with that. Nearly 800 wins, 3 Silver Balls, 1 Gold Ball, in a few days, 2 Miss Basketballs, and TSSAA Hall of Famer who never says a word to praise himself hardly sounds like a weakness. He said Obion was the better team yesterday. He is an incredible influence to his team and a legend in East Tennessee basketball. He's also one of the nicest, most hardworking men you'll ever meet. Don't talk about things you don't know.

Yea, I read the article and your coach morgan said the difference was officiating....Got news for you, had Goodman and Wright not been in foul trouble might have been a 20 point Rebel victory!!!!!

Yea, I read the article and your coach morgan said the difference was officiating....Got news for you, had Goodman and Wright not been in foul trouble might have been a 20 point Rebel victory!!!!!

Wow - with the discrepancy of fouls called on each team are you sure you want to be referencing how fouls dictated strategy and the final score? :wacko:

Got news for you, if Kelcey Young, Elizabeth Trentham, Sidni Williams, and Elizabeth Masengil had not been in foul trouble, then an outcome that can't possibly be drawn from a hypothetical situation where fouls didn't exist would have happened as well. The game was even until players started fouling out despite shooting 20+ foul shots less.

Did the officials beat you when Bledsoe played McMinn Central at home and lost by 17 points? :roflol:

You could say that since one of Bledsoe post players was smashed between three players from McMinn and no foul was called. Just wondering how many walks were called on Masengil today? Several were missed at the round house!

• Upvote 1