Elizabethton Boys Coachless Again!

mamaduck74

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have a clue, they'll put Honeycutt in there...Kinda hope they dont tho, still holding out hope that he'll find his way back to Hampton one day

Lucas would definitely do a great job there. Great knowledge of the game and he would definitely do a good job relating to the players. He took over a very talented group of girls this year and was able to meet expectations by winning the sectional, with only one close game all year. Hire him and you're set for quite a while. Will his youth be a detriment in terms of what the athletic dept./administration is looking for? Do they want someone with varsity experience?

Lucas would definitely do a great job there. Great knowledge of the game and he would definitely do a good job relating to the players. He took over a very talented group of girls this year and was able to meet expectations by winning the sectional, with only one close game all year. Hire him and you're set for quite a while. Will his youth be a detriment in terms of what the athletic dept./administration is looking for? Do they want someone with varsity experience?

With Eliz, who knows what would be a detriment? I have no problem with the JV coaching at Hampton, but we lost a great talent when we lost Lucas to the Eliz School System!

I wish Lucas the best...Would getting the job at ELIZ be for his best? Now that is a BIG question!

Rumor has it that a high profile high school coach from one of the Knoxville powerhouses has inquired about the Betsy job. Would be hard to turn this guy away given his resume.

Hope they sign him right up....That would hopefully keep the Eliz kids from transferring and make a few dads happy

This is not about keeping dads happy, it is about taking this program to a level of excellence. We have a great team, but this merry go round of coaches is holding the program back. We need a proven coach with a track record of success who will not allow this program to falter as it has for so long.

Why do we have only one player playing AAU on a national circuit, which happens to be the youngest starter on the team? Why aren't college scouts looking at our kids? We have some real talent that can go places maybe D1, but our coaches are not doing what it takes to get them there. Aaron Miller can easily play mid major D1, Michael Wagner has the size to get to that level with the right coaching, Zeke Clark works harder than any player in Northeast TN to get better every single day ( gym rat even during the off season).

Dugger and his staff helped them see their true potential, but the next coach has to be the catalyst to push them to a state championship and bring in more talent to the program. The coaches at the middle school maybe great guys but do they have the ability to build state championship caliber teams? WE NEED SOMEONE THAT REFUSES TO LET OUR PROGRAM DOWN AND ENSURE OUR KIDS ARE GREAT STUDENTS, ALSO. If that can't be done then Elizabethton High is wasting everyones time and talent!!!!

This is not about keeping dads happy, it is about taking this program to a level of excellence. We have a great team, but this merry go round of coaches is holding the program back. We need a proven coach with a track record of success who will not allow this program to falter as it has for so long.

Why do we have only one player playing AAU on a national circuit, which happens to be the youngest starter on the team? Why aren't college scouts looking at our kids? We have some real talent that can go places maybe D1, but our coaches are not doing what it takes to get them there. Aaron Miller can easily play mid major D1, Michael Wagner has the size to get to that level with the right coaching, Zeke Clark works harder than any player in Northeast TN to get better every single day ( gym rat even during the off season).

Dugger and his staff helped them see their true potential, but the next coach has to be the catalyst to push them to a state championship and bring in more talent to the program. The coaches at the middle school maybe great guys but do they have the ability to build state championship caliber teams? WE NEED SOMEONE THAT REFUSES TO LET OUR PROGRAM DOWN AND ENSURE OUR KIDS ARE GREAT STUDENTS, ALSO. If that can't be done then Elizabethton High is wasting everyones time and talent!!!!

Mama, my comment wasn't a shot at Eliz dads...But, if they're satisfied with the new coach they'll encourage their kids to give in to his system and not transfer up here, HV, Unaka or wherever....I don't think coaches in this area are very good at all at pushing their better players to college recruiters....These boys need something to play towards, knowing their coach will promote them.

Mama, my comment wasn't a shot at Eliz dads...But, if they're satisfied with the new coach they'll encourage their kids to give in to his system and not transfer up here, HV, Unaka or wherever....I don't think coaches in this area are very good at all at pushing their better players to college recruiters....These boys need something to play towards, knowing their coach will promote them.

U HAVE to make a name for yourself in AAU ball not reg season .Coaches are at EVERY aau games you get seen there They will show up in the season once they see you there. So they better get hooked up with a team and play and i mean you have to be willing to give up there summer .3 players from one team is all thats allowed and no coached from that players team so you have to find someone willing to coach them Go get the 3 best on all the schools in Carter Co and play.But alot of coaches from football @ baseball want these kids with them if they play more than one sport during the summer so that choice has to be made also

U HAVE to make a name for yourself in AAU ball not reg season .Coaches are at EVERY aau games you get seen there They will show up in the season once they see you there. So they better get hooked up with a team and play and i mean you have to be willing to give up there summer .3 players from one team is all thats allowed and no coached from that players team so you have to find someone willing to coach them Go get the 3 best on all the schools in Carter Co and play.But alot of coaches from football @ baseball want these kids with them if they play more than one sport during the summer so that choice has to be made also

Yep, things sure have changed with the aau era...

Just part of the rumor mill right now, but I did hear through the grape vine that Blevins from Bearden had inquired about the job. Not sure how much coaching supplements are in K-ville, but teaching salary is probably comparable from Knox County to Betsy city. Like I said, I just heard it through the grape vine from a fellow coach in the area. What a steal that would be given his track record! What do you think?