SEEDING VS. DRAW

tradertwo

42 members have voted

1. 1. User poll-seed the tourney,or blind draw?

• Sportswriters seed the final eight.
    • Blind draw as done now.

Just curious. Approximately how many average fans per night do the top AAA Memphis teams draw for a district tournament? I might add. I've been at several regular season games where the crowd numbered more than 5000.---In Indiana

Don't know the exact number but i've been to hundreds of tourney games here in memphis where the crowd was always standing room only...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if those Indiana crowds have room for one more?????

Even though I enjoyed Indiana BB while I was there,you won't hear me argueing for changes here. I love good old Tn. BB just the way it is. I've always believed the games are FOR THE KIDS and I'd go watch them play if they were playing in front of 10 people in a chickenhouse! :wub:

You probably won't ever see 5000 people at a basketball game in Tennessee. Basketball just means more to people in Indiana then it does here. The only way to get 5000+ would be to move it to Memphis and have a Memphis team in the AAA finals.

[----------------------------------------

Memphis ..are you kidding me...the Mempho schools usually have only 50-300 fans per game depending on classifation....id be surprized should they get to finals they have 100 fans

Memphis ..are you kidding me...the Mempho schools usually have only 50-300 fans per game depending on classifation....id be surprized should they get to finals they have 100 fans

I'd say many of their fans feel that they don't have enough money to travel to Murfreesboro, I may be wrong, but basketball is pretty big in Memphis and I'd say many people in Memphis would go to the game even if they weren't associated with the school if it was moved to Memphis. I don't think it should be moved to Memphis, I just think that would be the only way to get maybe 5000 people there

I'd say many of their fans feel that they don't have enough money to travel to Murfreesboro, I may be wrong, but basketball is pretty big in Memphis and I'd say many people in Memphis would go to the game even if they weren't associated with the school if it was moved to Memphis. I don't think it should be moved to Memphis, I just think that would be the only way to get maybe 5000 people there

Nope,not even close.Your theory makes perfect sense on paper with all the entheuasism for basketball in Memphis,but it does not translate to reality(gate money).I've been to numerous playoff games in Memphis where less than 100 fans could be counted(for the home side).