Lake County vs Perry County

theGURU

You probably did get something started. <_< I heard this radio broadcast that you are referring to. If you remember, about 2 minutes after that statement the ensuing statement was something like "Oh, NOW she has their attention - she is making sure of it" The woman wins a state championship her first year of coaching and is in the semi's her next year with a great chance of winning two in a row.....my "guess" would be that they have to be listening to their coach just a little......

I don't know whose broadcast it was but it certainly wasn't ours. I KNOW how the kids listen to and respect Coach Barger.

Asitis, if you not trying to start something why bring it up?? Lake Co. is a VERY well coached team and Coach B has the team's 100% attention and respect. If you noticed at the end of the game Swift was looking dead at her on the 2 dribbles and heave he was told to do. also, the lob tip with .3 on the clock to Swift another called play. Finally the kids being coached up enough to know they did not need to inbound the ball so the clock can run out after the last 3 pointer by BTW in OT was another example. People try and make it out to be an issue when it has NEVER been one for her or her team. This team believes in and respects their coach regardless of how others may try and make it seem.

That's why I asked the question. I told you what I saw, what I heard and asked a simple question. If that disturbs you I apologize.

This will be a great game and the team ahead when the buzzer sounds will determine who wins, certainly not you!

Not always true as yesterday proved. Ask BTW who was ahead when the buzzer sounded....they were by 3 points and the ball was somewhere in the rafters over half court headed for the promised land.....and then....every office and business in LC erupted along with the rest of the county that was in attendance...then there was an ot to play. Sorry couldn't resist.

As for the comments about Coach Dawn Barger keeping their attention, I have never seen a team buy into a coaches teaching and philosophy like LC. I have the privilege of speaking to these kids on a regular basis and they are extremely well disciplined to listen to her coaching. Anyone who doubts that must have missed the entire season last year. They went on a losing streak before finally understanding how well she knew her stuff. When they started to listen they didn't lose again and raised a gold ball in front of the high school with the whole county in attendance. Perry County could win this game....but it won't be because LC didn't listen to their coach or give her their full attention. GO FALCONS

I don't remember, may have been the TCA broadcast. Didn't pay a lot of attention to it. That is why I asked the question.

Understand. I can assure you both from a professional view from broadcasting their games and from a personal side from working with Dawn, she is one of the best coaches I have ever seen in Class A for sure and that spans 33 years of broadcasting in West Tennessee and across the state. She has taken a program that was long on talent but short on attention and found that blend of athleticism and fundamentals that was needed. Yes, they make some turnovers and make some bad decisions sometimes but they are usually trumped by the plays that are made with the style she has implemented. I am proud to call her a friend and colleague and am especially proud of the way these boys have conducted themselves on their biggest stage for two years now.

Today should be another good one between two great schools. One with a storied basketball tradition who's shown they play a little football now too and one with a history of success on the gridiron who has become a basketball power as well.

You probably did get something started. <_< I heard this radio broadcast that you are referring to. If you remember, about 2 minutes after that statement the ensuing statement was something like "Oh, NOW she has their attention - she is making sure of it" The woman wins a state championship her first year of coaching and is in the semi's her next year with a great chance of winning two in a row.....my "guess" would be that they have to be listening to their coach just a little......

Didn't hear that part but at least you heard what I heard.

Understand. I can assure you both from a professional view from broadcasting their games and from a personal side from working with Dawn, she is one of the best coaches I have ever seen in Class A for sure and that spans 33 years of broadcasting in West Tennessee and across the state. She has taken a program that was long on talent but short on attention and found that blend of athleticism and fundamentals that was needed. Yes, they make some turnovers and make some bad decisions sometimes but they are usually trumped by the plays that are made with the style she has implemented. I am proud to call her a friend and colleague and am especially proud of the way these boys have conducted themselves on their biggest stage for two years now.

Today should be another good one between two great schools. One with a storied basketball tradition who's shown they play a little football now too and one with a history of success on the gridiron who has become a basketball power as well.

Once again, that is why I asked the question. I don't know her, not associated with anything that has anything to do with LC or any rival. I heard (as well as others) the comment I referenced and watch the broadcast. I simply stated what I saw and heard and then made an inquiry and was wondering if there had ever been an issue. I obviously stated that they played like a well coached team and am aware they don't coach themselves. No disrespect was meant and I value your opinion and relationship with Coach Barger. I'm pulling for LC today myself. Yesterday's game was kind of chaotic at times it seemed and I think today's will more of good indication of just how good LC is. Good Luck, I will be watching.

You guys are obviously listening to the wrong broadcaster :D

In rural Madison County....you listen to what you get! And if I remember correctly, I had to go sit in the car to even hear that which probably explains why I did not hear the follow-up comment westnman mentnioned.

In rural Madison County....you listen to what you get! And if I remember correctly, I had to go sit in the car to even hear that which probably explains why I did not hear the follow-up comment westnman mentnioned.

I know you meant no disrespect. Just wanted to take the opportunity to let all of CoachT know how good Coach Barger is.