collinwood game

lions23

The Trojans won 46 to 19 over Huntland. It was a great game until halftime where right before the horn Ward passed and it was batted around and ended up in the hands of a Trojan who ran it in for a TD to go up 21-13 at half. Then first play of the 2nd half Ward threw a 59 yard pass for a TD. That was the final blow. The Hornets were able to move the ball successfully most of the night. We put the ball on the grass twice and you cannot do that against a great team like Collinwood.

The Trojans are a GREAT team who will give several teams fits in the playoffs. They have several weapons who are hard to stop. The Hornets will regroup and face the Raiders of Moore Co next week. Good Luck to the Trojans the rest of the way. Hope we meet again somewhere down the line deep in the playoffs.

This was a great game. Collinwood was slow at the start. The Hornets got on the board first with a Trojan dropped lateral and the Hornets picked it up and ran for a score. Things were slow the first quarter or so then Collinwood opened up. All you who were putting Ward down this week on here what do you think about him now? I think he will make it ok in D1 football. The Hornets gave the Trojans the best game they've had all year. This is the first time I've been to Huntland. Ya'll got a great stadium there. Pictures of the game will be on the Trojan webb site sometime tomorrow. Guys you better get ready for next week cause you got another big one coming on. Keep up the good work. GO TROJANS!

Guest snapracin

It was a great game!I still say with the potent offense collinwoods defense is being over looked.the starting defense gave 6 points up! go green go!what a run johnathan made!

Trojansportsfan- Thank you for your compliment about our stadium. We are very proud of it. We believe it is one of the best in Single A football and take great pride in it.

As far as the game and Ward, he is the leader of a great football team. They do have several other weapons and so I will agree with those who say he isn't the only player on the team. I think the Hornets at least made them play a little and maybe had them scared even if it was for a short period of time. I'm proud of our guys who played hard but were just beat by a better football team. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Guest ChipBroome

First, I would like to say that Huntland has a good football team. I wish you well on the rest of your season. I believe Collinwood will go undefeated for the 3rd straight season. I know they will focus on one game at a time. I am going to try my best to be there at the cascade game as well as Wayne Co. Hopefully, I will be there in the final for the state championship.

Predictions: Collinwood 42, Cascade 6,

Collinwood 38, Wayne Co 0.

Those who enjoy football just keep playing your heart out and one day it will pay off. I remember when Collinwood got beat alot. I was quarterback at the time. Not as gifted as Ward but I loved to play the game. We showed up. I am glad to see that Collinwood is at the top now. We all go through seasons and hope that Collinwood will continue where this team the last three years has taken them.

[Edited by ChipBroome on 10-19-02 9:07A]

No one from Huntland Said Ward could not play. I have watched him for four years. #1, #4, #11, #7 are all excellent players. It was a hard fought game regardless of the final outcome. Both teams showed a lot of class in the game by helping each other up. Good luck to Collinwood teh rest of the season. Most of all I hope and pray the Andrews kid can overcome his injury. Fight hard and dont ever give up. Our thoughts at Huntland are with you.