HVA vs AC Halls and Powell

Guest HVA4LIFE

soxfan1 you haven't watched us hawks play ball mister. We WILL... I REPEAT WILL... Go to the SHIP. We will take down the mavs, panthers, devils, and cats, and cougars. When you come watch us in the 3AAA district championship please stand up and slap yourself in the face and wheep like a little school boy.

Anderson Co. over HVA 11-1 in 5 innings. I guess me forwarding your postings to AC, Powell,and Halls wasn't needed that much after all.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson Co. over HVA 11-1 in 5 innings. I guess me forwarding your postings to AC, Powell,and Halls wasn't needed that much after all.

The lack of power pitching will show up from time to time for HVA. They can't strike out a lot of people with fastballs. They have to rely on control. Good hitting teams will either get frustrated or be patient and wait on a straight pitch. HVA's fundamentals are still the best in the district, followed by, probably, Oak Ridge.

Oh trust me....EVERYONE I have talked to in the district has been reading those posts.

Edited by TSpoon

The lack of power pitching will show up from time to time for HVA. They can't strike out a lot of people with fastballs. They have to rely on control. Good hitting teams will either get frustrated or be patient and wait on a straight pitch. HVA's fundamentals are still the best in the district, followed by, probably, Oak Ridge.

Oak Ridge can look "shaky" at times on offense and defense. Pitching has been solid with Lane, Roberts, and Elwood having a combined ERA of 1.85 but only a 5-4 record between them. A lack of run support and errors have been an issue. Same thing last year, but peaked at tourney time, so their is hope. I would put Halls up there as one of the most fundamentally sound teams that I've seen. For 3AAA, it looks like Powell, Halls, Oak Ridge and HVA are fighting for the top 4 seeds the rest of the way.

Oak Ridge can look "shaky" at times on offense and defense. Pitching has been solid with Lane, Roberts, and Elwood having a combined ERA of 1.85 but only a 5-4 record between them. A lack of run support and errors have been an issue. Same thing last year, but peaked at tourney time, so their is hope. I would put Halls up there as one of the most fundamentally sound teams that I've seen. For 3AAA, it looks like Powell, Halls, Oak Ridge and HVA are fighting for the top 4 seeds the rest of the way.

I agree with that top 4...those appear to be the only teams h both talent and experience.

Great victory for HVA. Should be some great competition between them and Powell as well later this month.

Having now seen every district team, I still say Powell should run the table. With few rainouts this spring they can keep their normal district rotation of Owenby then Owenby. Not many teams can deal with that. Halls and HVA will battle for second. OR and Clinton for 4th and 5th. Anderson County will probably end up 6th and Karns, Campbell Co and Central will battle to stay out of last place. (Edge to Campbell Co, better fundamentals than Karns or Central)

There it's all settled.