HVA vs AC Halls and Powell

Guest HVA4LIFE

HVA swept halls this week. They beat Painter at his own field. Should be a good warm up for the Powell game in two weeks. HVA controls their own destiny.

The way to beat Powell is to frustrate them. When that happens if the ball is in play it is an adverture...has been since little kid ball. When frustrated they tend to swing for the fences too. If htey get ahead they are good. When they are behind and frustrated anything can happen. HVA knows how to play the type of ball that frustrates people. They also have power this year. However, I have said all along that Powell will win every district game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HVA has been fortunate with making other teams beat themselves. Rinegar has done a wonderful job with winning and adapting to the talent he has. Pressure the other team and make them make mistakes. They came back and beat Powell in the tournament with hitting only a couple balls to the outfield. I was suprised that they swept Halls, but I think Powell is a different animal. I don't see halls coming close to beating Powell next week. I am a parent of a former devil, but I don't see anyone matching up against either of the Owenbys or Skeen in relief. One heckuva couple weeks to the season is aproaching. I am looking forward to it.

HVA has been fortunate with making other teams beat themselves. Rinegar has done a wonderful job with winning and adapting to the talent he has. Pressure the other team and make them make mistakes. They came back and beat Powell in the tournament with hitting only a couple balls to the outfield. I was suprised that they swept Halls, but I think Powell is a different animal. I don't see halls coming close to beating Powell next week. I am a parent of a former devil, but I don't see anyone matching up against either of the Owenbys or Skeen in relief. One heckuva couple weeks to the season is aproaching. I am looking forward to it.

Good post and Skeen is scary in relief. He is fast and wild enough to put a little fear in a hitter.

Good post and Skeen is scary in relief. He is fast and wild enough to put a little fear in a hitter.

He is wild enough to put fear in the guys in the press box, too.

The bull in the movie Bull Durham comes to mind when I see him take the mound.

And he and his Dad both know I am just joking, by the way.

Wow That poor Little Painter Boy from Halls somehow found a way to win.

Edited by AlwaysARookie

Wow That poor Little Painter Boy from Halls somehow found a way to win.

Don't know how you could call Painter poor or little. He is the second best pitcher in the district. He may be #1 after winning over Owenby yesterday. Great bounce back win for Halls after losing two to HVA last week.

Don't know how you could call Painter poor or little. He is the second best pitcher in the district. He may be #1 after winning over Owenby yesterday. Great bounce back win for Halls after losing two to HVA last week.

Was a tongue in cheek comment in reply to rico's silly post that halls had nobody capable of challenging Powell. There are several good pitchers in 3AAA that on any given day may win.

It is so hard to ever decide who is # anything. They are both excellent pitchers who compete with all they have everytime they walk on the field. They also are assets to their team when not pitching and good young men to boot. I bet each of their coaches feels like they have a great chance to win when they are pitching.

oooooooooooooooooooooooo Rico ... Halls did have a couple of pitchers that could compete with Powell. Painter and Corcione. If you are trully father of a former Red Devil, do not doubt that winning tradition.

Powell is an excellent team but halls has a gritty squad that can play with most anybody on a given day. The two Powell games, Halls was the windshield ...... but being the bug is always a possibility.

Both teams played some fine baseball that was a pleasure to watch.

oooooooooooooooooooooooo Rico ... Halls did have a couple of pitchers that could compete with Powell. Painter and Corcione. If you are trully father of a former Red Devil, do not doubt that winning tradition.

Powell is an excellent team but halls has a gritty squad that can play with most anybody on a given day. The two Powell games, Halls was the windshield ...... but being the bug is always a possibility.

Both teams played some fine baseball that was a pleasure to watch.

Wow, has Powell imploded just like last year? Way to bounce back for two HUGE wins Halls! The District 3 race is wide open now.