Elizabethton Cyclones

Returning a large number of starters will Coach Shawn Witten have the Cyclones back on top? With the loss of their big gun Berry at QB moving onto the College Game, will the Cyclones have to learn to pound the rock? They return a strong stable of running backs with Turner and Thomas, two of the best in the State should help. Big physical line only losing 2 starters, they should give the Three Rivers a good chance of sending a team to the Semi-finals and beyond.

Edited by CyclonePrider

The Raiders are ready to roll I have never seen so much work from a group of young men, Sad for me as it is my sons last year as a Raider but all good things come to a end. Looking foward to a Great game as always with Betsy in Thunder Valley this year. Our whole team is back except for 3 starters, All 3 1000yd runners back should be a great year to be a Raider GOOD LUCK to the Besty Boys see you soon

• 2 weeks later...

Returning a large number of starters will Coach Shawn Witten have the Cyclones back on top? With the loss of their big gun Berry at QB moving onto the College Game, will the Cyclones have to learn to pound the rock? They return a strong stable of running backs with Turner and Thomas, two of the best in the State should help. Big physical line only losing 2 starters, they should give the Three Rivers a good chance of sending a team to the Semi-finals and beyond.

Who will be the signal caller this year for the Black and Orange? What about the linebackers?

The Raiders are ready to roll I have never seen so much work from a group of young men, Sad for me as it is my sons last year as a Raider but all good things come to a end. Looking foward to a Great game as always with Betsy in Thunder Valley this year. Our whole team is back except for 3 starters, All 3 1000yd runners back should be a great year to be a Raider GOOD LUCK to the Besty Boys see you soon

And I'm not surprised, RaiderDad. How does the next generation of Raiders look for the years coming up? Any thoughts on if / where your young man will play at the next level?

And I'm not surprised, RaiderDad. How does the next generation of Raiders look for the years coming up? Any thoughts on if / where your young man will play at the next level?

I saw the Raiders freshman play last season,they were absolutely loaded.I'm thinking SN will be a team to reckon with in the next few years.

He doesn't know what route to try for yet maybe football maybe baseball or may just dig in to school and do something in the medical field, after next year a good job in all that matters.He has had 13 great years of ball. The Raiders have some good kids coming up as does Betsy should be some wars in the 3 rivers for a few more years.The Raiders know the Cyclones are coming for them and they are digging in for a war, Should be one of the best games in North East Tn this season.

GO RAIDERS

He doesn't know what route to try for yet maybe football maybe baseball or may just dig in to school and do something in the medical field, after next year a good job in all that matters.He has had 13 great years of ball. The Raiders have some good kids coming up as does Betsy should be some wars in the 3 rivers for a few more years.The Raiders know the Cyclones are coming for them and they are digging in for a war, Should be one of the best games in North East Tn this season.

GO RAIDERS

Great news, RaiderDad- you're always a class act

It is still going to be tough to get past the Knoxville area teams. Witten has done a great job. He is just stuck playing one of the Big 3 (Alcoa, CAK, AE) when it comes playoff time. Until the Cyclones can knock two of the three out, it will be hard for them to make it past the second round. I know Coach Witten has worked hard trying to schedule regular season games against formitable teams so that his team will be playoff ready, but that is always going to make it tough for The Cyclones can get past the second round.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Who will be the signal caller this year for the Black and Orange? What about the linebackers?

They have a couple of kids at QB, a Senior and a Sophomore. The Sophomore is the real deal, great arm and speed. He played QB in 28 games last year in freshman and JV only losing 2, including mercy rule wins over Science Hill, TN High, North and Daniel Boone! He and a win over Dobbins Bennett. The Soph running back scored 56 touchdowns as a freshman and JV player just last year, 6 against North. He has put on some size and already has the eyes of some of the college coaches. Can't wait to see him play. Only lost one linebacker from last year and one d-lineman. Should have some great receivers and d backs coming back. Only lost one O-lineman. I think you will see more of a ground attack this year but both QB's can throw. Soph kicker can boot'em 50 and the girl is back for the extra points. Looking forward to seeing them next week with spring games against Tennessee High and Jefferson County.

Edited by CyclonePrider

Prider, Betsy lost 3 starting recievers and 3 starting defensive backs. probably should run.Plenty of very good running backs.I look for Ian Glover to be dominate on both sides of the line.

You will see some of those backs move to receiver, Turner and Moore, Woodby will be great DBs along with Carter, Bowers, Holsclaw, Pierson we should be fine. Glover is a monster along with Adam Mullins and Aaron Summers they are all over 6'4" -6'5" huge up front, getting all linebackers back except one will be great, Thomas Miller, and Kaleb Walters will hold down the ends, with their experience we should have a strong D and no one will be able to stop those backs. You may even see us run some option with a QB like Armstrong.