District 5 AAA

alt1958

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The District 5 AAA tournament will be very competitive, I don't think that anybody would be guaranteed to go a certain length in the tourney. Soddy Daisy, obviously appears to be the frontrunner for the District again, but I think there are a few teams that could create upsets. After Soddy Daisy, it's really scattered. The one thing defining the district is that all of the teams show flashes of being great, then turn around and be the completely opposite the next. No consistency so far.

In a battle for second in district. Walker Valley 3 Ooltewah 2 in extra innings. Great game played by both teams.

If you look at the records of the bottom 3 teams vs. the top 4 in the district there is a HUGE difference but District Tournament always has an upset or two.

Walker Valley plays Soddy tomorrow at Walker. First time they played Soddy won 2-0.

Overall, there have been very competitive games among the district. Yes, there have been blowouts, but overall there has been good ball. The seeding off the regular season results are nice, but anything can happen in the District Tourney, especially this year. Lets not forget that a (15-19) Rhea County team handed a solid Walker Valley team a loss in the tourney last year.

Soddy Daisy(26-2-2, 9-0) has clinched the 1st seed in the District.As for the rest, Walker Valley (18-6, 7-2 District) is in the 2nd slot. Ooltewah is in the 3rd (20-8, 5-3) and Rhea County at 4th (18-8, 4-4). The rest of the seeding at the bottom of the district will be very interesting as those teams will be scrapping for district wins they haven't seen many of. The Walker Valley and Ooltewah game will be a huge game in the district next Tuesday at Ooltewah. Rhea County still has a chance to surprise as they get to host both Walker Valley and Ooltewah at home.

Edited by SoftballLegend

I would agree that the top 4 are definitely peaking at a very good time, so it will be very competitive. On the other hand, the bottom of the district have hit a reverse and are degressing. I think the top 4 are eye balling the District Crown in the tournament and I think they all have a fair shot. Soddy is still the team to beat, but is not one of the strongest squads they've had. Hitting has been average at best and of course pitching is stellar with Nunley.