spring practice and 11AAA

cougar12345

If the Steckel argument was the only point I made, I could understand you picking at it the way you are and telling me that I am full of crap about Crawford. But it is only one small part of my overall argument about Crawford. It culminated this past year with the quarterback situation; but as I have stated, there are many smaller arguments through the years that support my overall argument. Again, I don't think Crawford is a terrible coach; I just think Pemberton will be better. It really isn't worth arguing about anyway, Crawford is gone, and this upcoming season will tell us who was right and who was wrong.

If the team has a good season and wins, there will be many that say it is residual Crawford effect. If we lose, it will all be blamed on Pemberton. It will take two seasons of winning before anyone will believe it is Pemberton. Thats the way it goes when the new coach is following a guy that consistently won a lot of games.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really all I meant was we will see who was right and wrong about Crawford's politics. If we see basically the same lineup this year (with the exception of graduated seniors, of course) then I will admit that I was wrong and that Crawford really did have the best players on the field. But if we see some big changes and certain players never see the field that got a lot of playing time last year, my point will be proven.

Really all I meant was we will see who was right and wrong about Crawford's politics. If we see basically the same lineup this year (with the exception of graduated seniors, of course) then I will admit that I was wrong and that Crawford really did have the best players on the field. But if we see some big changes and certain players never see the field that got a lot of playing time last year, my point will be proven.

Since I'm old and will probably not only forget who you are and this thread entirely can I count on you coming back if you are wrong and admitting as such? If I'm wrong I will.....if I remember what I was wrong about! Sorry if I jumped you hard but I'm an old timer that remembers 0-10 and 2-8 and what a great job the last 2 coaches have done. There were a lot of bleek times back then. I just know the Winfrey kid played because he knew the offense well and they had no one better. Had there been someone better....let's say an Austen Everson....on the bench I assure you he would have played.

I will most certainly be back; right or wrong. Message boards are just for fun and speculation; so I will have no problem saying "You were right, I was wrong". If it is true that they had no one better, that's a sad bunch of athletes they had on the team. I wonder how many times the second string QB would have turned the ball over? It's crazy to think that anyone could possibly turn it over more than Winfrey did, but maybe the second string guy had only three fingers per hand or something. The good thing is, this will not even be debatable once the season starts; there will be a clear cut right and wrong; because Brentwood is not gaining any new QB candidates that I know of. If Winfree still starts; we'll know he is the best they had/have. If he rides the bench all year behind someone who rode the bench last year; we'll know there was some Daddy ball going on. It's just too bad we have to wait so long to find out.

Anyone get to see any scrimmages?? I would have thought some of our Williamson county teams had one or two already. Any info would be great.

Summit traveled up 31 last night and played Independence for a sneak preview of what's to come between these southern Williamson County schools in a year and a half when Summit makes the jump to 11AAA.

More than half the scrimmage was spent by each team working on red zone offenses and defenses. They also spent some moments on goal line situations and kicking field goals and extra points. But the first half was football. There was no scoring on the first few possessions by either team. But then Indy broke through with two long touchdown runs by #22/ Dom Childress. He will be a sophomore next year. Great wheels and acceleration on that kid. Summit moved the ball well at first but then had trouble once #53/ rising senior Jake Williams got going at NG. He was hurt much of last season but has gotten bigger and stronger (looks to be about 6'2/ 250) and was very disruptive. Another thing that hurt Summit's performance was the fact that our three best skill players: QB Dale Burdick, RB Dee Hunter, and WR Phillip Shearry were all involved in baseball and/ or were unavailable to play last night. But I think Indy was without Finis Stribing due to track.

The hitting was hard on both sides and both teams tackled well. I was very encouraged by Summit's play against it's AAA big brother. The Spartans didn't back down despite the fact that Indy had a large number of rising seniors on it's roster compared to none for Summit. But most of the Summit sophomores went to Indy as freshmen so they were looking forward to this scrimmage and it showed. There was only one minor skirmish so that was encouraging. The coaches for both teams kept their players emotions in check. Coach Dyson and Coach Keasler appear to work well together so I expect many more practices between the teams.

A few impressions on Indy players: Like I said, Williams and Childress were the stars of the night. Dyson may have a QB issue again next year. #6 Swayze looked good but there is a transfer from Franklin/ #18 who looked impressive at times. I don't know his name but I think he is a rising junior. The only receiver any Indy QB seemed to throw to was #5. Think he is a rising senior. He is a little small and could have trouble with big corners. He is also the one who got into a fight. Besides Williams who also plays LG on the o-line, there weren't too many standouts on the line. #64 rising senior Logan Rutledge is very good though. And there is no depth which is not surprising since the expected-young back up lineman for Indy are now starting for Summit. And the Indy back-up linemen are small so the Eagles cannot afford any injuries on the line next season. One more standout for Indy that I can't forget is #41 Josh Murray. It's not surprising since he is a standout athlete at multiple sports. But his presence on the field was noticed. And oh yeah, Landon Foster is officially gone. Maybe that's why Indy worked so much on red zone offense last night. Lastly I've seen a lot of football over the past six years from #27 and #1 for the Eagles. I hope they turn it on and have big senior seasons for Indy. But if Childress keeps it up I think Indy finally has a serious homerun threat in the backfield.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Rumor that just came my way is that CHS traveled to Mt. Juliet and beat the Bears 42-0 in a woodshed whipping. Can anyone confirm this? Where are the Cougar folks on this one? Trying to keep it quiet for a sneak attack this fall? :)

Is this is true, its pretty impressive. Even though Mt. Juliet lost a lot of seniors, they are always big, tough, and well coached.

Rumor that just came my way is that CHS traveled to Mt. Juliet and beat the Bears 42-0 in a woodshed whipping. Can anyone confirm this? Where are the Cougar folks on this one? Trying to keep it quiet for a sneak attack this fall? :)

Is this is true, its pretty impressive. Even though Mt. Juliet lost a lot of seniors, they are always big, tough, and well coached.

Woodshed indead!!! Won't be a sneak attack! We are coming and coming loud!

Well after hearing about the scrimmages and listening to people on here talk I say it is shaping up like this

Centennial is team to beat like I said best coach

Brentwood close second I for one cant wait for that game

three four and five are Independence Franklin and Hillsboro in any order

Ravenwood last