Lake Co's Devon Jones getting College offers

wardawg2038

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County's RB/Safety Devon Jones has picked up 2 scholarship offers early into this recruiting season. The 2011 District 14-A Defensive MVP has been extended early offers from Arkansas State and MTSU.

Congrats.I believe more will be coming before the year is over.I expect some in basketball as well.

Congrats.I believe more will be coming before the year is over.I expect some in basketball as well.

If he were going to get any d-1 offers in basketball, he would already have them. He is the real deal in the only sport that really matters though. ;) I look for this young fella to get several more offers from larger schools in the next few months if he continues to make big plays.

If he were going to get any d-1 offers in basketball, he would already have them. He is the real deal in the only sport that really matters though. ;) I look for this young fella to get several more offers from larger schools in the next few months if he continues to make big plays.

I didnt say Div1 basketball.and I said I expect more offers.But then again,maybe a UTM,Austin Peay.He still has another year in basketball and he could have a great year and get other offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw in the paper that Devon ran a 4.44 forty and the Falcons have a large senior and freshman class.Has over 50 players participating in off season workouts.Coach B knows he'll lose some but hopes to have around 30 to 35 players.Practice begins May 2nd and has scrimmages against West Carrol at Tiptonville on May 10th and will travel to Dyersburg to scrimmage the Trojans on May 10th.

Saw in the paper that Devon ran a 4.44 forty and the Falcons have a large senior and freshman class.Has over 50 players participating in off season workouts.Coach B knows he'll lose some but hopes to have around 30 to 35 players.Practice begins May 2nd and has scrimmages against West Carrol at Tiptonville on May 10th and will travel to Dyersburg to scrimmage the Trojans on May 10th.

so they are scrimmaging West Carroll in Tiptonville and scrimmaging Dyersburg in Dyersburg on the same day (May 10th)? Man, that's brutal.

so they are scrimmaging West Carroll in Tiptonville and scrimmaging Dyersburg in Dyersburg on the same day (May 10th)? Man, that's brutal.

Sorry about that.I guess I got to reading that West Carrol had several returning starters and got so shook up that I hit the wrong number.Or my eyes arent as good as they once were.

Edited by mrbigster

• 2 weeks later...

How did the Lake Co-West Carrol scrimmage go?Heard from a LC faithful last week that Zay Coleman was playing?Any truth to that?Heard from same person that in the camp with the Pro's were doing that Devon Jones and Zay looked very good.Heard Nick price was throwing the ball really well.Also was told that Devon maybe was getting interest from Auburn?Any truth to that Wardawg or just a rumour?

Haven't heard about the scrimmage and I know Lake Co lost running back Ricky Boyd and big lineman Anthony "Ant"Crawford along with all state receiver Rafael Tyler and havent been hearing much about Lake Co but I think if Zay Coleman does play and just knowing his athletic ability and Raheem Flowers being eligible after the fourth game,just think both of these players will hopefully make up the loss of Tyler.Lake Co may depend on the line play.If they get some good line play,look for them to be better than last year.Not giving the title to Union city like some seem to think.

Edited by mrbigster