State Career "K" Record

N2Fastpitch

Coalield has not played more than 32 games in a season until this year and so far they have played 31 to date and have at least 7 more not including the tournament they are in this weekend. I stated earlier most of the district games were less than 5 innings. when you have a 14.5 K per average per game it adds up pretty quick.

Not trying to take anything away from Lindsey, she is a great pitcher, but it is not fair to other pitchers in the state to count more than 4 years in high school state records. I do not know if other pitchers in the state records have counted more that 4 years, but if they have then those records are not fair. How can you compare a 4 year career to a 5 year career.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same way you can compare a pitcher who pitches 35-40 games plus a year and Lindsey who has never thrown more than 30 games a year. It's not her fault that she is able to take advantage of an additional year. When you compare the amount of innings that she has pitched vs Megan Rhodes or Cat Hosenfield or many of the others she is so far behind them it's not even funny. Strike outs are only relevant to the amount of innings you pitch. IMO !!!

The same way you can compare a pitcher who pitches 35-40 games plus a year and Lindsey who has never thrown more than 30 games a year. It's not her fault that she is able to take advantage of an additional year. When you compare the amount of innings that she has pitched vs Megan Rhodes or Cat Hosenfield or many of the others she is so far behind them it's not even funny. Strike outs are only relevant to the amount of innings you pitch. IMO !!!

Well, I think many will disagree. When you pitch more games in a season, you are not as fresh as someone who is not overpitched. Yes and while we are at it, single A, AA, and AAA should not be lumped together either. I have not looked at state records, so maybe they are not lumped together. I know there are many outstanding single A teams, but as a whole single A teams should not be compared to AAA teams. Nor should a 5 year career be compared to a 4 year career.

Edited by Softball1001

You need to look at who Coalfield plays in a season. They play their (10) district games then everything else is out of conference. Just this year they have played several teams that were at state last year in AAA. Teams such as Mt. Juliet, Seymour and numerous other AA and AAA teams. They got Beech on the schedule next Thursday. So if you think they have stuck to single A only, look again. When it comes down to it, you are not comparing the number of years one plays, it's the amount of games and innings that are played. Lindsey just got her 100th win a couple of weeks ago. When you compare the others they have well over 130 wins in a career. Is it fair that one team gets to play more games per season than the others ?

You need to look at who Coalfield plays in a season. They play their (10) district games then everything else is out of conference. Just this year they have played several teams that were at state last year in AAA. Teams such as Mt. Juliet, Seymour and numerous other AA and AAA teams. They got Beech on the schedule next Thursday. So if you think they have stuck to single A only, look again. When it comes down to it, you are not comparing the number of years one plays, it's the amount of games and innings that are played. Lindsey just got her 100th win a couple of weeks ago. When you compare the others they have well over 130 wins in a career. Is it fair that one team gets to play more games per season than the others ?

" just this year they have played several teams that were at state last year in AAA". Yet she has 5 yrs pitching?????

You should have named this thread " Why isn't everyone saying she is the best"..... She is very good. All American, right? But I think most people would take the girl at Soddy. Better competition, better hitters, etc. Now before you say that is not her fault at Coalfield, well, most people with that talent end up at bigger schools that play tougher compition...... Right or wrong that is how it happens and everybody knows it. I wonder what Hosfields, The girl at Soddy, etc., would have put up at Coalfield in 5 yrs???? And lets not forget, Hosfield did not play very much her Sr year after breaking her ankle sliding into 2nd.....

Regardless, the girl at Coalfield is very good!!! :flower:

Nunley from Soddy is very good and there's no doubt about it, but so is her future partner at Kentucky Katie Henderson from Single-A Silverdale Baptist. Then you have Haley Fagan from Single-A Cornersville now at UT and lets not forget about Ivy and Ellen Renfroe from Single-A Trinity Christian also at UT. Since you mentioned it Lindsey Fadnek from Single-A Coalfield a Marshall University signee. I have to disagree with you Mr. Knowitall that all your good pitchers come from bigger schools and play tougher competition. Take a look at these successful smaller schools and see who they are playing. The last couple of years your better pitchers have all been from Single-A schools.

No with all that said, lets get back to the topic. As of now Megan Rhodes looks to hold the state career strike out record unless someone knows different. Lets hear it !!

Nunley from Soddy is very good and there's no doubt about it, but so is her future partner at Kentucky Katie Henderson from Single-A Silverdale Baptist. Then you have Haley Fagan from Single-A Cornersville now at UT and lets not forget about Ivy and Ellen Renfroe from Single-A Trinity Christian also at UT. Since you mentioned it Lindsey Fadnek from Single-A Coalfield a Marshall University signee. I have to disagree with you Mr. Knowitall that all your good pitchers come from bigger schools and play tougher competition. Take a look at these successful smaller schools and see who they are playing. The last couple of years your better pitchers have all been from Single-A schools.

No with all that said, lets get back to the topic. As of now Megan Rhodes looks to hold the state career strike out record unless someone knows different. Lets hear it !!

How many strike outs did Kat Banks have? She pitched in state championship three straight years.

I never said all good pitchers come from from big schools. Or at least I never meant to imply that. But the bigger schools normally play tougher schools and have more skilled batters due to larger pond to pull from. Always will be exceptions. Ellen and Ivy would be dominate anywhere, as they have shown in College. Fagan we will have to wait and see how she does.

But I thought we were talking about K's in High School. Maybe you are right. The trend may be to go to a small HS and rack up big numbers now????? I am not sure about that. What I am sure about is that all the girls mentioned are very good!!!!.

I never said all good pitchers come from from big schools. Or at least I never meant to imply that. But the bigger schools normally play tougher schools and have more skilled batters due to larger pond to pull from. Always will be exceptions. Ellen and Ivy would be dominate anywhere, as they have shown in College. Fagan we will have to wait and see how she does.

But I thought we were talking about K's in High School. Maybe you are right. The trend may be to go to a small HS and rack up big numbers now????? I am not sure about that. What I am sure about is that all the girls mentioned are very good!!!!.