Morristown scrimmages

I can't speak for East but West did look pretty against a good Knox West team. West was missing some key players to baseball, and I'm sure Knox West was too. West was great on defense and moved the ball pretty well on the ground. The passing game was suspect but that's to be expected when 2 of your QB's are on the baseball field and another leaves the scrimmage with a concussion. We ended up with a running back taking the snaps but still managed to move the ball.

Heard West looked pretty good and East sucks. Is that about right?

West didn't have their starting backfield there, they were winning the Knox County 4 x 100 over at Hardin Valley. West had to start their 3rd string QB who's awful. Both teams looked pretty rough. Think MoEast was missing there starting QB. Jim Chaney was there looking at Zach Stuart from Knox West

West didn't have their starting backfield there, they were winning the Knox County 4 x 100 over at Hardin Valley. West had to start their 3rd string QB who's awful. Both teams looked pretty rough. Think MoEast was missing there starting QB. Jim Chaney was there looking at Zach Stuart from Knox West

East had both of their prospective QBs. Matt Thompson and the Wallace kid. Who else is left? Was Knox West's offensive and defensive line running track at Hardin Valley too?

I could be wrong, but East might be in for a long year. The difference between East and West is that East always built around star players, while West is always about the entire team. This year East just really doesn't have that guy to put the team on his back and win the game. Somebody might step up into that role but until I see it, East is a 4-win team at the most.

I can't speak for East but West did look pretty against a good Knox West team. West was missing some key players to baseball, and I'm sure Knox West was too. West was great on defense and moved the ball pretty well on the ground. The passing game was suspect but that's to be expected when 2 of your QB's are on the baseball field and another leaves the scrimmage with a concussion. We ended up with a running back taking the snaps but still managed to move the ball.

Any update on the young man with the concussion?

Heard West had a good scrimmage against Bearden and haven't heard anything about East. East must have stunk it up again. This time against those pesky Pigeon Forge Tigers. Unicoi Co. or Wartburg must not have been available.

Did not see the scrimmage live but was told Bearden ran the ball very well, especially Waters. I would like to hear about how the defenses were perceived on the whole for both sides.

Did not see the scrimmage live but was told Bearden ran the ball very well, especially Waters. I would like to hear about how the defenses were perceived on the whole for both sides.

Understand that West is a bend but don't break defense so far. They did give up one T.D. to Bearden, but their offense is very powerful. Scored 2 or 3 times against Bearden I was told. Bearden apparently has a couple of really good tailbacks.