Who Won't Be Advancing

BarcaFan

If that's the case, can the District Tournament and send the number one and two teams from the regular season. The TSSAA needs "one" set of rules for the State Tournament. Independence, Antioch/Cane Ridge, Knox Catholic and more are being affected by one district's new set of rules.

You are wrong...one bad game - in District Semis, Region Semis, or Sectional SHOULD stop the best team from advancing to State. It has happened many times over the years. In fact, most states have single elimination all the way through the tournament.

I agree. Soccer is one sport where it really is about who is the better team on that day, who has more motivation, who plays a headier game, who wants it more. At the top of the ladder Real Madrid and Barcelona are sitting on the sidelines because Bayern Munich and Chelsea just played better. Both were considered huge upsets except by Bayern and Chelsea.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Soccer is one sport where it really is about who is the better team on that day, who has more motivation, who plays a headier game, who wants it more. At the top of the ladder Real Madrid and Barcelona are sitting on the sidelines because Bayern Munich and Chelsea just played better. Both were considered huge upsets except by Bayern and Chelsea.

I agree. If you can't beat a "weaker" team when it counts then why should you advance in the tournament ? It doesn't make any sense. If your team is "the best in t he state" then you probably should not be losing in the semifinals of the district tourney.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. If you can't beat a "weaker" team when it counts then why should you advance in the tournament ? It doesn't make any sense. If your team is "the best in t he state" then you probably should not be losing in the semifinals of the district tourney.

+1

Which is the exact case with Brentwood in a prime position to win the state tournament. If many of the current DoD teams who had an off game back in their tournament, such as Farragut, Maryville, Knox Catholic, and even Knox West were put in Brentwood's position in the bracket, they would have a good chance of winning.

If many of the current DoD teams who had an off game back in their tournament, such as Farragut, Maryville, Knox Catholic, and even Knox West were put in Brentwood's position in the bracket, they would have a good chance of winning.

With the exception of possibly Knox Catholic, you are incorrect. The others would have had a chance of winning, but not a "good" chance. Maryville barely had a winning record. Farragut won nearly all of their games by only one goal and I heard they were manhandled by Riverdale. The DoD simply was not as strong this year as in prior years. This tournament always proves interesting. Just a few years ago, everyone knew it would be a Farragut vs. Bearden rematch (only to watch Hendersonville play Centennial in the finals). We can now see if Bearden proves me wrong.