500 football in Johnson City ??????

bm

Johnson City Science Hill can do no better than having a 500 football season. This can only happen if they beat Karns and lose to Dobyns-Bennett (which we all know is very possible). How long are the people in Johnson City going to stand for another sub-par season? Could the possibility of a new coach be around the corner? McClanahan was the last coach who had consistent winning teams. 500 football cost him his job in his last 2 years on the HILL. Why then are we putting up with the situation we now have? Is it the lack of players, the head coach, or the lack of quality of assitant coaches?

As a concerned Topper fan this does concern me. I know we won last night, we should have won last night!! We should have won against an less talented Bearden team also!?! :confused:

I know I have said it before, basketball is just around the corner. It will be interesting to see if these SHHS athletes can maintain their focus the last 2 weeks of the football regular season while some of their other friends/athletes are bouncing a round ball in the Palace.

Make no mistake about it, I'm a Science Hill FOOTBALL FAN. I think it is a shame that more of the athletes in a school the size of Science Hill are TOLD not to play football by other memebers of the athletic staff! :(

GO TOPPERS !!!!!

Guest AnonFan

I am a fan of DB football... I honestly can't wait for these 2 teams to meet. It's going to be a GREAT game... Being partial I DO believe DB will win but it isn't going to be a gimme for either team regardless of who wins...

AnonFan

I agree that is is ridiculous SH's football team doesn't do better. SH is a HUGE high school and it's a shame more guys don't go out fo the team but like I said when I was at SH it's very obvious most of the top athletes there want to play basketball. I think SH's record over the past few years has dicouraged a lot of guys from going out for the team. I HONESTLY believe the problem is within the coaching staff. I've heard before that the coaching staff does not really discipline the team. If they don't come to practice it's almost like who cares,no big deal. We all know SH has the athletes to have a great football program. I think this year's game between SH/DB will be a good one. I know I will be at the game.

Posted by Surf4life:

I agree that is is ridiculous SH's football team doesn't do better. SH is a HUGE high school and it's a shame more guys don't go out fo the team but like I said when I was at SH it's very obvious most of the top athletes there want to play basketball. I think SH's record over the past few years has dicouraged a lot of guys from going out for the team. I HONESTLY believe the problem is within the coaching staff. I've heard before that the coaching staff does not really discipline the team. If they don't come to practice it's almost like who cares,no big deal. We all know SH has the athletes to have a great football program. I think this year's game between SH/DB will be a good one. I know I will be at the game.

Posted by bm:
Posted by Surf4life:

I agree that is is ridiculous SH's football team doesn't do better. SH is a HUGE high school and it's a shame more guys don't go out fo the team but like I said when I was at SH it's very obvious most of the top athletes there want to play basketball. I think SH's record over the past few years has dicouraged a lot of guys from going out for the team. I HONESTLY believe the problem is within the coaching staff. I've heard before that the coaching staff does not really discipline the team. If they don't come to practice

it's almost like who cares,no big deal. We all know SH has the athletes to have a great football program. I think this year's game between SH/DB will be a good one. I know I will be at the game.

Surf, I agree, as I stated SHHS should have a better football team. What years did you wear the Maroon & Gold on the gridiron?

GO TOPPERS !

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the football program is lack of interest on the part of all the athletes in the school. Coach Bowles has recruited guys off of the basketball team to play football for years, but they decline. He did get a few to play like Nick Bradley, and Mckinney for one year, but other than that he cannot convince them.