AAA State Bracket

TheFactsOnly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Riverdale win it all.

But I won't predict my case on what I want to happen... So I'll say in the finals we will see

Brentwood VS Collierville

You picked it! I never saw the Collierville over Bearden coming especially 4-0. I'd like to know more about that result from both sides.

I think Brentwood vs. Colliersville should be a fantastic chapionship game. Colliersville absolutely dominated Bearden. Brentwood played better than Riverdale. I am going to pick Colliersville in the final. Good luck to both teams.

I don't think Collierville has ever won the Boys AAA soccer championship. This an exciting opportunity for their team and school. It sounds like Brentwood better not be complacent in their approach or Collierville will make them pay.

I do believe both teams are at the top of their game right now so it should make for some excellent soccer!

Edited by BarcaFan

Collierville looked decent in the Bearden Tournament earlier this spring, so it should make out to be a good game. Personally I feel that Bearden was overrated; from what I have been told in many of their previous games their entire offensive power was focused simply on set plays and kick and chase. They were out-possed by many in their district.

Edited by sinatraa

Re: Science Hill

I was looking forward to seeing TJ Carter play at 2012 AAA State Tournament. I watched him last season in State Finals (and thought he was a junior). I did not see him play or on sidelines for Science Hill. Is he playing somewhere else? Is he or will he be playing in college? Great speed and skills. Tried to google and find information, but had no luck.

Congratulations to both Brentwood and Colliersville on a good championship game. Brentwood was deadly with set plays using their height. I loved watching Colliersville's goalie flying through the air to grab many of those balls. Kudos for both of the fan groups as well. I thought for the most part, they represented themselves well (at least from where I was sitting). I thought the game was officiated very well. One offsides was called against Colliersville early on a breakaway. He was not even close to being offsides. However, i'm not sure if it would have mattered, the goalie made the save.

Congrats to Brentwood...so sorry to bring this up and i'm probably going to get some heat for it, but if Brentwood lost in the district tourney, they didn't deserve to be there. Plain and simple...they never should have gone to states. Are they the best team in AAA? Maybe. But they didn't beat Knox Catholic who, too, was beaten in the district tourney and didn't get a chance to go to state. Had catholic gone to state, I think they would've beaten brentwood. For the first time, no one can say "shoulda, woulda, coulda" because Brentwood got to states based on a strange system and if they say that Catholic should have played well when it counted...well, Brentwood shoulda too. I'm sorry, but Bwood's championship...in my opinion, will have an astericks beside it...an astericks because they didn't beat the best team in the state...Catholic.

Is this Brentwood's fault? No. Is it their district's fault for awarding Brentwood an automatic bid to states? No. Is it TSSAA's fault? ABSOLUTELY!!!! It is flat out nonsense that TSSAA forces districts to make their own rules to figure out who gets to states and it is even worse that TSSAA has a warped playoff system. In Farragut, Bearden, Catholic, Maryville, West, Lenoir City's district, you have six teams that can compete at state EVERY SINGLE YEAR, but you have some districts that allow any team to get through OR even worse only have two teams that make up the district, so each team automatically gets a bid to regions anyway...(some memphis districts have this). The best teams deserve to get there. Why not give each districts 3 bids based on the regular season? If a district only has three teams, however, why not just give them one? Other states do this. Why not TN?!!

Again... congrats to Brentwood. They are state champs. It is not their fault that they couldn't play the best team in the state, and if I were Brentwood, I would be mad and WANT to play a team like Catholic. It is not their fault that many are going to say that they didn't deserve to be there. TSSAA must change or (like college football) we are going to continue to not have the best teams at the state tournament year after year after year and we are going to continue to deny the best teams their right to a championship.

In Farragut, Bearden, Catholic, Maryville, West, Lenoir City's district, you have six teams that can compete at state EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Your argument is not valid. The teams you listed certainly did not compete at State this year. Bearden was manhandled 4-0 by a West TN team. The game wasn't even close. The other listed schools didn't make it to state. In fact, the last time one of your listed teams reached the Finals was 2008! That it not competing EVERY SINGLE YEAR. The DofD is not as intimidating (or as good) as it once was.

You call Knox Catholic the best team in the State? The best team in the state should not lose to an 11-9-1 team (Maryville) in the District Semi-Finals...by two goals! Knox Catholic DID NOT get it done on the field.

I agree it is unfortunate that District 11 had different rules than other districts. However, for 2012 Brentwood is the best team in the state. They DID get it done on the field.

I am not a Brentwood fan. However, I recognize they won the championship, by winning the games they needed to win. If the DofD wants to play Brentwood and other contenders...schedule games with them!