LA@Portland!!!!!

polo20

This will be a really tough game for livingston. you have to look at what the atomsphere is going to be like. i mean they have a good 2hr to 2 1/2hr drive down there. portland always has a good crowd and everytime portland cuts a good fart they blow a train whistle and on top of that a train passes through right beside the field, but if livingston can stay focused and exicute at the top level it will be a great game. one word of advice for la don't let portlands crowd get in your head. they did for us it cost us also and don't let portland's football tradition beat you guys either. good luck to both teams.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be a Huge and Exciting game for the Livingston and Portland fans. The crowd will be going wild. The game is going to be close, Really close. However, Livingston will come out on top. I can promise that, I go to school at LA and I can see it in all of the football players' eyes that they are going to do whatever it takes to win this game. The whole school and the town are behind them 100%. LA is ready and capable of beating Portland and getting a little revenge for all the beatings Portland has dished out to them in the past. GO CATS!!!!

LIVINGSTON-28 Portland-22 (take it to the BANK)

[Edited by ITSALLABOUTBALL on 10-23-02 5:18P]

[Edited by ITSALLABOUTBALL on 10-23-02 5:19P]

Antwan...sorry for the delay, but as you saw on the PHS/SCHS thread, I've been distracted. Livingston is indeed on a nice win streak as of late. They opened with tough non region games against DCA and Cumberland County, lost a close game with Macon County, and have since trounced on teams in region 4. I have heard a lot about this freshman quarterback, and it doesn't surprise me, b/ce since the mid 80s, it seems as if LA has produced some great signal callers. Early in the year, they established the fact that they could run the football, while lately they have gone to the air with some confidence. Having said that, I believe they will try to be a balanced football team against Portland, and I have always thought that their schemes are extremely sound. They seem to be running the option well, and as always it will be very important that Portland avoid "explosions" (runs over 15 yds, passes over 25) and that they swarm the football. I, too believe that Portland has improved on the defensive front and is starting to get pressure on opponents...this will have to increase. The team that gets up early will have an advantage in this game. As for Portland, since they are FINALLY starting to heal as a team, I am interested to see what they will do on all cylinders. Finally, Portland needs to control what goes on in the kicking game, b'ce again I believe that momentum will be important in this game. It's a must-win situation for Portland, not necessarily for Livingston. I'm excited about this matchup, I too, am looking forward to seeing which team wants to quiet the naysayers and state a claim to be a contender. Best of luck to both teams...GO big P! :)

Posted by creekbankfan:

I hope Portland wins their next 2 games so Smith finish's 3rd. I want to trounce on them one more time. Clint maybe leaving for Riverdale next year but we still have him for noe. Go Jackets

YOU CAM TAKE TAHT TO THE CREEKBANK!!!

reply I hope this is a close game and the panthers are worn out by their four tough quarters against LA because SCHS will be rested and waiting. :o

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by creekbankfan:

I hope Portland wins their next 2 games so Smith finish's 3rd. I want to trounce on them one more time. Clint maybe leaving for Riverdale next year but we still have him for noe. Go Jackets

YOU CAM TAKE TAHT TO THE CREEKBANK!!!

I hope Trousdale loses their next 2 games so they finish 3rd, too! ;)

Sorry about your luck!!! Your wish didn't come true!!!

Well It seems that I was correct about the game. The Livingston crowd was into the game like never before. They were finally getting some revenge on the Portland Panthers. That was the loudest game I have been to in a while. Everyone on the Livingston side had either cow bells or those little air horns. At first the Portland crowd was pretty loud also but the last second bomb for a touchdown in the second quarter pretty much shut them up. I dont believe I seen many people standing on that side of the field after that. The final score I believe was LA=20 PHS=12... GO CATS!

Next: York (LA-28 York-14)