A Highly Touted QB from PA already Grabbed up by Friendship

RUBlind!!!

Calmn down coach. I know this was a secret that you didn't want out but this kid is big news. He would help WCHS where he is zoned and of course your team as well. Im just saying I hope someone told him about JP2 b/c they can give money to kids to play there and they are not bad either. With him they would be better. Just think the kid should check them out before going to your non denominational upper middle class private school.

When did they leave their Church of Christ background????

Really though someone that knows this kid let them know about JP2.

Coach? Lol I am definitely not a coach. I'm actually 19 and I graduated from FCS. pretty much all the FCS posters know who I am. I just don't buy that he needs to go to WCHS or JPII. friendship had a better team than WCHS last year and for prob the last 2 or 3 years. The only thing I know about JPII is that they haven't really been competitive since moving to DII. So what exactly is wrong with him going to Friendship? It provides a great Christian environment for him to grow as a student and person. He'll have great senior leaders next year and they will win a lot. And someone said he was in the dugout with the baseball team, yes he was and what's wrong with that? He's already enrolled in the school.

Wow!!! That is great!!! Good for you guys!!! FCS slipped up and you put it to them. Looks like they may have gotten knocked off their LARGE EGO!!! HA!! HA!! I think their recent recruiting coordinator transferred last year so that may be why they seem to be a little down right now. If they'd make Caven the HC the program would be top notch for years to come. He knows how to bring players in and promote their talents as well!!! Something the current HC has never done. He's a relic that needs to be put out to pasture. Go gordonsville!!! Good luck the rest of the way!

I pulled this from another thread. I see that you have something against friendship... Now this makes sense.

Calmn down coach. I know this was a secret that you didn't want out but this kid is big news. He would help WCHS where he is zoned and of course your team as well. Im just saying I hope someone told him about JP2 b/c they can give money to kids to play there and they are not bad either. With him they would be better. Just think the kid should check them out before going to your non denominational upper middle class private school.

When did they leave their Church of Christ background????

Really though someone that knows this kid let them know about JP2.

but they don't...just saying.

I pulled this from another thread. I see that you have something against friendship... Now this makes sense.

What makes sense I support change? Coach Caven did a good job in Smith Co and would be a good change for FCS. Kids that go to FCS have to get colleges to look at them themselves. Look you take McNeil and move him to LHS....results same as ever coach at LHS disappointment. He's nothing without getting kids to come to his program.

Plus the ring he won should be in doubt due to the overtime against Boyd. The QB was down before he crossed the goal line. Video showed this. Has to suck to be the QB b/c he has to live with the fact he knows he was down. Boyd should have moved on in a GREAT game. Bad horrible call.

Someone stated he came from a small private so that was why he would want FCS. I was just stating that FCS may say non denom but they have deep roots in the Church of Christ. THat is a fact. THis kid came from a catholic private school so thought someone should let him know. But you did not like this. B/c it would not suite your wants. I don't care where the kid goes. He is zoned for WCHS and maybe you were better than WCHS last year but you have some of the kids that should have been in their program. Not only have you done it with a kid from last year that would have palyed on the O line but Mt. Juliet has tried to pull stuff as well with some other kids.

I say leave them alone and let them choose on their own w/o people going around telling lies about other programs. That is all I have to say. THe O line kid I hear was practicing with WCHS and then.....he vanished. THen there he was at FCS. I'm not disputing that FCS is good....GREAT!!! Just don't like the method behind it. MJHS does the same thing so don't feel as if this is private vs public. Not. It's values that some programs lack. Sad when it is a Christian one.

What makes sense I support change? Coach Caven did a good job in Smith Co and would be a good change for FCS. Kids that go to FCS have to get colleges to look at them themselves. Look you take McNeil and move him to LHS....results same as ever coach at LHS disappointment. He's nothing without getting kids to come to his program.

Plus the ring he won should be in doubt due to the overtime against Boyd. The QB was down before he crossed the goal line. Video showed this. Has to suck to be the QB b/c he has to live with the fact he knows he was down. Boyd should have moved on in a GREAT game. Bad horrible call.

Someone stated he came from a small private so that was why he would want FCS. I was just stating that FCS may say non denom but they have deep roots in the Church of Christ. THat is a fact. THis kid came from a catholic private school so thought someone should let him know. But you did not like this. B/c it would not suite your wants. I don't care where the kid goes. He is zoned for WCHS and maybe you were better than WCHS last year but you have some of the kids that should have been in their program. Not only have you done it with a kid from last year that would have palyed on the O line but Mt. Juliet has tried to pull stuff as well with some other kids.

I say leave them alone and let them choose on their own w/o people going around telling lies about other programs. That is all I have to say. THe O line kid I hear was practicing with WCHS and then.....he vanished. THen there he was at FCS. I'm not disputing that FCS is good....GREAT!!! Just don't like the method behind it. MJHS does the same thing so don't feel as if this is private vs public. Not. It's values that some programs lack. Sad when it is a Christian one.

Just curious, whats wrong with the "deep roots" in The Church of Christ at FCS? You speak as if its a cult or something

Why does FCS need a change? What have you got against McNeal? He is a good coach and a great mentor. He has made the baseball state tournament 9 out of the last 10 years, and been in the football state championship 2 out of the last 5 years. He tries to make his players better young men when they finish playing for him than when they started playing for them. All of his players know that they can go and talk to him about any problems they are having and he'll try his best to help them out. I'm not exactly sure why you think there needs to be a change. Coach Caven is also a good coach. He may well have a chance to be the coach when McNeal is done. I think he'd do great with the program, but he is also my uncle so I guess you could say I'm a little biased.

The Boyd game in the playoffs was a great game. We should have gotten beat, but a mistake was made and we got the W. No one is perfect and mistakes are going to be made at the high school level. I highly doubt Brennan is going to fret about coming up 4 inches short when he looks at his championship ring for the rest of his life.

I don't understand what your point is with the Church of Christ stuff your talking about. Yes friendship was once Church of Christ, but I'm thinking they may have switched to non-denominational before I was even born. I went through the Bible classes for 7 years and I can say with certainty that they don't teach a Church of Christ only philosophy. They teach a Christian philosophy and that's why it's called non-denominational.

No obviously it doesn't suit my wants that you're saying he needs to go to another school when nothing is wrong with him going to friendship. I think friendship is a good fit for him. What makes you think WCHS is a better fit? He hasn't attended a large public school before so what makes you think he needs to now? You act as if we took him away from Central when he was never interested to go there. Quit acting like we somehow knew he was coming to Tennessee and we called him to make sure he was coming to friendship. The fact is that he walked right through our front doors wanting to know about our school and our football program and then he saw the championship rings. He likes succeeding and I'm pretty sure WCHS isn't quite a "successful" program. A.J. did make his own decision on what school he was going to attend so let's not act like we filled his head full of lies.

I'm interested to know who this o line player from WCHS was. Our entire o line had been at friendship for at least two years and probably more but I don't feel like thinking that far back. The only person who was from a different school the year before that played o line some was Kyle Woods little brother and he was our back-up TE. Kyle was a senior so I don't think it's logical to say we recruited his little brother from MJ when I'm sure his parents wanted him to play with his brother once they were in high school.

I just think you don't want to see Friendship succeed and that's why you don't want A.J. at Friendship.

Why does FCS need a change? What have you got against McNeal? He is a good coach and a great mentor. He has made the baseball state tournament 9 out of the last 10 years, and been in the football state championship 2 out of the last 5 years. He tries to make his players better young men when they finish playing for him than when they started playing for them. All of his players know that they can go and talk to him about any problems they are having and he'll try his best to help them out. I'm not exactly sure why you think there needs to be a change.

McNeil is a good coach. But he doesn't teach a single class at FCS? Now, explain to us how many other Wilson County schools, and/or schools in the FCS district or region have head coaches that are not responsible for teaching classes... This within itself offers a huge advantage!

So, I guess while McNeil is a good coach, his competitors are trying to be good coaches AND good educators in the classroom. Not trying to be political, but until public school kids have the ability to pick and choose their schools, and coaches can be hired at a comparable wage to 'coach only', the advantage will always lie with the private schools. Athletically speaking of course.