Tim Campbell resigns at Daniel Boone

3rfan

I understand that Tim Campbell has resigned at Daniel Boone. I hate to hear it. He has done a great job over the years and his teams have been well disciplined and fundamentally sound. He has been great for girls basketball in Northeast Tn. and will be greatly missed!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely 3rfan. Daniel Boone was the most well-coached team year in year out, regardless of their talent. Would not want to be the person to follow, but it is a great job with 5 feeder schools. Any thoughts on possible replacement?

I don't have any idea. He will be very hard to Follow!

First off let me say this. Coach Campbell is a very nice and likable guy. Most importantly let me say this, he will not be hard to replace. DB has the oppurtunity to hire a coach who will take them anove and beyond any high school girls team around here and have a very good oppurtunity to win multiple state championships fairly quickly.This is if they make the right decision with their new coach. And i have faith that they will do so.

First off let me say this. Coach Campbell is a very nice and likable guy. Most importantly let me say this, he will not be hard to replace. DB has the oppurtunity to hire a coach who will take them anove and beyond any high school girls team around here and have a very good oppurtunity to win multiple state championships fairly quickly.This is if they make the right decision with their new coach. And i have faith that they will do so.

Only time will tell!

As a fellow coach in the area, YOU ARE CRAZY. To say he won't be hard to replace and win multiple state championships fairly quickly is ludicrous. No wonder he left.

Wow! I know they've had some feeder programs win games locally - but to say multiple state titles? If SHHS isnt going to win them in the next two years, no one else will. Maybe there's more talent than i think...

Washington Co is replacing 2 head girls coaches this year...will be interesting to see how it turns out.

You are correct. It is SHHS for the taking the next 2 years. I said fairly quickly not the next 2 years. Im saying within 5-6 years roughly. I am a fan of what coach Campbell has done there. I just believe the talent Boone has coming up from middle school is very very good.

It is very hard to predict state championships on middle school talent. Much harder to win a AAA state championship than the Washington county championship but I hope you are correct.

Actually middle school plays all the way out to a state sectional championship now. Which Grays Middle School girls won with no 8th graders. They will have every player returning next year.

Elizabethton won the girls sectional for large schools this year and Unicoi was second. Unicoi has won it twice in the last 5 years with two runner ups. Johnson City has also done well, they look like they could win a couple of state championships. I know Boone has more feeder schools and they have done a great job as has Tim Campbell.Tim has great respect among high school coaches and will be missed. As previously stated I hope Boone does win it all!