Shelbyville Girls basketball camp

swipper

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know who is there. I know that Livingston Academy is there but I was wondering who else. Also, who is looking strong and competive.

The teams I remember seeing there: Lenoir City, Gallatin, Shelbyville Central (of course), Wilson Central, Cascade (single A from the area), Walker Valley, Gordon Lee, Grainger, Clarkrange. . that's all I can remember at the moment.

I heard Grainger actually went 11-0. Beat Cleveland, Moore County, and Community in addition to Livingston Academy, Upperman, Gallatin, Shelbyville, Lenoir City, Gordon Lee, GA, Clarkrange, and Cascade. As you mentioned above Gordon Lee was close as I heard that Grainger shot poorly in this game. Heard they beat Livingston by 6 or 7 and none of their other games were even close.

This week's camp has Gallatin, Knoxville Catholic, Mt. Juliet, Cookeville, Wilson Central, Watertown, Cascade, Arab, Lincoln Co., Frank Hughes, Station Camp & Hendersonville.

Its pretty sad how much the camp has declined since Insell and Burkey left. Every week used to be loaded with some of the best teams in Tennessee. Any given night on the main court you would get to see Mt. Juliet vs. Oak Ridge, Wilson Central vs. Science Hill, Riverdale vs. Hillsboro. Now you get to watch Knoxville Catholic vs. Arab. There are still good teams at camp, however the competition level used to be amazing.

Its pretty sad how much the camp has declined since Insell and Burkey left. Every week used to be loaded with some of the best teams in Tennessee. Any given night on the main court you would get to see Mt. Juliet vs. Oak Ridge, Wilson Central vs. Science Hill, Riverdale vs. Hillsboro. Now you get to watch Knoxville Catholic vs. Arab. There are still good teams at camp, however the competition level used to be amazing.

You can evaluate your own players at any camp. That's what they're for, and to give players the opportunities they may not have received yet in previous seasons. They're not about entertainment for the fans though there is interest always in how teams do.

You can evaluate your own players at any camp. That's what they're for, and to give players the opportunities they may not have received yet in previous seasons. They're not about entertainment for the fans though there is interest always in how teams do.

Very sound insight into summer basketball camps I am impresses ....However what happens when your a powerhouse program and you go to a camp and can't get any sound competition to work on weaknesses and see how the players respond to struggles? A team like Mt. Juliet can play terrible and beat most teams..however I always thought camp games in hot gyms were for the fans and entertainment, so what do I know.

Very sound insight into summer basketball camps I am impresses ....However what happens when your a powerhouse program and you go to a camp and can't get any sound competition to work on weaknesses and see how the players respond to struggles? A team like Mt. Juliet can play terrible and beat most teams..however I always thought camp games in hot gyms were for the fans and entertainment, so what do I know.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be pointed out. If you think it's "sad" the camp isn't up to your expectations, simply go elsewhere or try to find out teams expected to be there before committing.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be pointed out. If you think it's "sad" the camp isn't up to your expectations, simply go elsewhere or try to find out teams expected to be there before committing.

Whoa! Easy there! Didn't know you had bought stock in the Shelbyville Girls Team Camp. I was just commenting on how great the camp used to be back in the day because it was just stacked with Powerhouse programs, now a lot of that has diffused to other camps and its a shame. However, I apologize for going to a Message Board and expressing an opinion that differs from a SCHS Stock Holder..the team camp is awesome! Its as good as it has always been..maybe even better..the level of Talent there this week is Top Notch!

And just a side note I think a lot of teams seem to feel this way and are going other places....just saying