District 4-AAA

ladyadmirals

I would like to think it's a difference since it was middle school boys and not high school girls. Having coached boys and girls basketball in 4AAA, I think I know first hand how tough the district is. I was asking if it was the same coach and if he was on Coach Edmonds staff. Schools usually hire from within. Coach Cool was Coach Dodgen's assistant and I remember when Wes was Mike Driver's assistant so a simple yes or no would have sufficed. And while on the topic, since the trend is for college coaches to recruit athletes from watching their AAU programs, I agree, it's a big difference.

Edited by QSouth89

I would like to think it's a difference since it was middle school boys and not high school girls. Having coached boys and girls basketball in 4AAA, I think I know first hand how tough the district is. I was asking if it was the same coach and if he was on the Coach Edmonds staff. Schools usually hire from within. Coach Cool was Coach Dodgen's assistant and I remember when Wes was Mike Driver's assistant so a simple yes or no would have sufficed. And while on the topic, since the trend is college coaches to recruit athletes from watching their AAU programs, I agree, it's a big difference.

Agreed Well Put: as far as AAU and High School I know that College Coaches asking for the AAU number and Team they have played on (agreed very different animal AAU and School Ball)AAU Showcase being much harder

Edited by smokymtn

In High school you play against teams on your schedule (no matter the level of competition). In AAU you can go to major tournaments and play against the elite players in the country. Also one of the evaluation periods for college coaches is during AAU season. I attended some AAU tournaments (which in essence were showcases) this spring and summer and it was who's who of college coaches looking at players.

Edited by QSouth89

I would like to think it's a difference since it was middle school boys and not high school girls. Having coached boys and girls basketball in 4AAA, I think I know first hand how tough the district is. I was asking if it was the same coach and if he was on Coach Edmonds staff. Schools usually hire from within. Coach Cool was Coach Dodgen's assistant and I remember when Wes was Mike Driver's assistant so a simple yes or no would have sufficed. And while on the topic, since the trend is for college coaches to recruit athletes from watching their AAU programs, I agree, it's a big difference.

Somebody's getting testy in their old age. LOL

Jason coached boys at Karns on the Freshman and JV level but has been out of it a few years. He was on staff at FHS last year but not as a coach. The people I've talked with think he will do a good job including Coach Ball. Of course everyone is a much better coach with that talent...popcorneater.gif

Since when is "lack of talent" an excuse for any program winning or losing? So you are telling the readers of Coach,T that UConn and UT win in women's basketball because of the coaching? It has nothing to do with the high school All-Americans they sign year in and year out? I'm assuming Calapri's great coaching mind won Kentucky a national title, not the 4 first round draft picks he had on the roster. Bottom line, you still need players to win, period. Chemistry is also a major factor.

Since when is "lack of talent" an excuse for any program winning or losing? So you are telling the readers of Coach,T that UConn and UT win in women's basketball because of the coaching? It has nothing to do with the high school All-Americans they sign year in and year out? I'm assuming Calapri's great coaching mind won Kentucky a national title, not the 4 first round draft picks he had on the roster. Bottom line, you still need players to win, period. Chemistry is also a major factor.

Not really sure what your argument/point is in relation to my post.

However my point was Catholic should have talent and coaching this year so excuses are off the table , they should Be very competitive .

But thanks for the input about Uconn, UT, Calapari, and Kentucky, It was impressive !

No argument, I was asking a question. Your statement was taken (and I could be wrong, if so I'll be the first to apologize) that Catholic uses excuses about losing. The Irish have some talent, but chemistry will play an important factor. Then you have Bianca back after two years away, it'll be important for everyone to play as a team not have their own agendas. UT, UConn, and UK references were based on talented players putting egos aside and playing for the team. I know it's off subject but I felt Michael-Kidd Gilchrist was the man on UK. He set aside his ego for the team, even offering to come off the bench. The pieces are there for KCHS, I just hope the girls put the team over "me".

I have seen good teams play great because of team work and seen very good players not, give me a team that plays as a team any day. Honesty I just want all players to be healthy this year around the district.

Maryville lost a player last year

Catholic last year

Several teams lost players for several games

After watching Catholic last year a few times I agree Catholic has some "me" players in the older girls. It will be interesting how the return of Bianca plays into the lack of chemistry that some of the older players have with the younger ones. Bianca will add the points for Catholic but has her defense improved any since last saw her freshman year this is an area she was weak in. I imagine she will have some one on her tight every game. Needless to say it will be an interesting year with Catholic with no girls injured. I did hear 2 players quit the team does anybody know who?