District 4-AAA

ladyadmirals

It is sad that the usual nabobs of negativism choose to attack the Lady Admirals than to celebrate the fact that Tennessee teams won every division of one of the leading holiday tournaments in the Southeast this year! As you can see from the story about the finals on the Peachstatebasketball.com website, it was a great tournament and every division had strong teams. ...

I was not able to say whether there was any clear difference in the divisions. All had DI athletes and good coaches. It's just that our Tennessee girls were clearly the best. Coach Mayfield showed why he will be Coach of the Year in his first season at Farragut. Farragut's veteran team was completely dominant.

As we shall be throughout the season. That is why everyone knows that--

The Lady Ads Always Win with Class--and Look Great While Doing It!

We do agree on several points. I've coached enough high level national AAU to appreciate the importance of playing. Playing AAU certainly has its place but most of these girls would benefit just as much by increasing their fundamental skills and SAQ training. AAU at the exposure level isn't the solution to our problem. Keep in mind two of the players you mentioned didn't really play last year due to injury and missed time earlier this year. I'm not sure how many players at Bearden and Farragut play multiple sports making a serious AAU commitment tough. We have several volleyball and softball players. That's where the shear numbers of the school come into play. If you consider 500 of the 1000 are girls and just 2% were basketball players, you've just added 10 players to the mix which would/could seriously change the complexion of the team. Keep in mind there are no juniors on the team either. Nobody has shown any semblance of consistency whether upperclassman or not. I would be hard pressed to name you the best 5, it varies widely from game to game. I think the changes and rotations are still a work in progress since no one has stepped up. We have tried several different combinations and substitution patterns in trying to develop consistency (without the desired results however). I think we have a pretty good young nucleus and may be better in the long run next year. I don't think there is much/any Catholic feeder help on the way.

I appreciate the fact that you see talent on this team. Maybe you have a better eye for talent than I do. Which of our 5 starters do you think would start or be in the short rotation for your Lady Admirals?

You obviously throw all this at the feet of Coach Ball but probably don't realize that the two coaches prior to him struggled also to have success while competing at the AA level. It is not always the coaching....just saying

I appreciate your feedback but I will continue to disagree with the excuse of what district you are in.

Wish I had a couple of there players on our team. I write articles for recruiting service. Just had nothing much to write about for Catholic. Sorry friend, I have no children on either team. I do have friends on all teams because of my AAU coverage.

Typical Lady Irish game, played very well for a half. Played extremely hard but not much good to write about. Horrible shooting night-28% FG, 16% 3FG, 35% FT. Hard to get a win when you can't throw it in the ocean!