Knoxville Halls head football coach Kevin Julian resigns

CoachT

These are the nmes I could think of with HHS ties;

Houston Quarles - current assist coach, no head coaching experience, only coaches defense

Joe Hassell - Central's head coach, was at HHS but left and took the CHS job

Phil Ironside - QB from the 80's, Alcoa head coach, now coaching in Ga.

Greg Vandergriff - Coached with Ironsides in Ga, now coaching somewhere in the Atlanta area, no head coaching experience

Randy CArroll - assist at Webb, head coach at Gibbs, All-state at HHS

Kevin Catlet - assist as Webb, head coach at ?, played on state champ team from HHS

No HHS ties;

Any assistant from Alcoa/Maryville staff - cut in pay for sure

Matt Lowe - took Powell to champioship game in '11

Take a chance on;

CHAD PENNINGTON - went to HMS, than transferred to Webb, parents taught at HHS, not playing pro ball any more, owns marina north of Maynardvills, chance to move back home, DO YOU THINK HE COULD GET SOME PEOPLE OUT FOR FOOTBALL? CAN I GET A heck YEAH?!!

Joe Hassell? Why would he make a lateral move especially when there's more talent at Central? Not much but definitely more than Halls.

Matt Lowe? He resigned from coaching for family reasons so why would he all of a sudden come back? He's Powell through and through anyway.

Why would ANYONE leave Webb for Halls? The assistant supplement at private schools is more than the head coach supplement in Knox County. That's just one of the

numerous reasons why nobody would leave Webb for Halls.

Chad Pennington? Dream on. If he would consider it we might as well try to get Peyton Manning.

Spartan88,

I'll take that bet, I say Mr. Duff will go for a new hire. IF HE DECIDES to put an interim tag on someone it wont be Doug Polston. I don't think Coach Polston would be interested in getting back into football. He has been out since KJ took over, KJ asked him to stay but he wanted to only do baseball, and to get back into the swing of things now after 7 years, I just don't see it

I aint gonna bet the farm, but I will bet a Hillbilly Taco from Hunter Bros. it WILL NOT BE DOUG POLSTON!