Coach Brooks (kbrks)

BigENS

Harsh words. Are you an adult with a sad little life? Kbrks has basketball knowledge and certainly did better than the AD who was the previous coach.

Just being realistic and yes I recognize you to be a bitter CPA hater also without credibility

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that this guy who used to call himself a coach and for some reason can't find work in the field still likes to dream.... much like a 8 year old does about being a super hero......but only to realize they aren't real......unfortunately......it becomes a bitter tale of false hope and blame.......seems this guy who thought he was a coach....but can't even hold a job.....should re-think he motives on life in general.....

I could rest my case right here. You simply attack anyone who disagrees with you or challenges you. You are questioning sportfreak's loyalty to CPA? Now that's funny. (Just like you did matt610 before.) It might help if you stop confusing "what you know" with "what you believe." Knowing and believing are two different things. You say "all I know," when it is obvious you don't know. The problem with this particular post is you falsely assume that I actually want to coach again or feel the need to coach, which neither is the case at this time in life. You are really grasping at straws now, but keep on keeping on.

Just being realistic and yes I recognize you to be a bitter CPA hater also without credibility

Oh, contrare! I'm not a CPA hater at all. As far as my credibility, you wouldn't know a thing about that because I choose to keep most of what I know to myself rather than fuel the Coacht fire. I will say that the current athletic atmosphere at CPA is a far cry from just a few years ago. I preferred the days when a CPA kid could play a sport and be a part of a team with a chance of playtime. The only kids I recognize now on the basketball team are riding the pines.

Oh, contrare! I'm not a CPA hater at all. As far as my credibility, you wouldn't know a thing about that because I choose to keep most of what I know to myself rather than fuel the Coacht fire. I will say that the current athletic atmosphere at CPA is a far cry from just a few years ago. I preferred the days when a CPA kid could play a sport and be a part of a team with a chance of playtime. The only kids I recognize now on the basketball team are riding the pines.

So.....since you don't know the starters they should not be playing?

Brooks we want to hear your story, dont worry about jett. He seems to be a Maddux hugger!

Not jett at all, in fact if anything he is forcing my hand. The ones who complain the most about my posts are the reasons why I post since they throw things out there without any supporting facts (which is what they criticize others of doing). Either irony or not very intelligent and not very hard to figure out which one. I really don't care what anyone says about me since the truth is the truth and I am not trying to hide anything. Though an unconventional and uncomfortable approach for some, untrue statements need to be challenged since not challenging them isn't doing any good, in fact leaving to reader's imagination is harmful.

If CPA defenders would quit lauding and defending those areas I know not to be true, I wouldn't have much to say because even though these are important issues related to all high school sports, I rarely have the details of other places like this one. Stay tuned...

What was Coach Maddux role in the school while you were there and how exactly did he get to be in charge of admissions?

Good buddies with the AD, they played many pick-up basketball games in CPA’s gym together over the years. He was hired to be the 8th grade boys coach for the 2005-06 season, which ended up being my last season as varsity coach. I can’t speak intelligently on the particulars of his association with admissions, so I won’t. This happened after he had been there a few years and even after my youngest daughter graduated from CPA in 2009. Contrary to what some people believe in that I do not go digging for information, those who broach the CPA subject with me don’t speak about the particulars or the whys behind that particular topic. I do know there is at least 1 parent based on his/her personal experience with the scenario who mistakenly believes it allows him to recruit student-athletes outside the realm of the position. And if there is 1 parent who got this idea, it makes you wonder how many have this idea.

• 4 weeks later...

The short version for HS coaches goes something like this - coaches work under a one year contract and leadership exercises their authority to not renew anytime they choose. As long as leadership believes the basic fundamental of the contract in terms of payment for the year has been upheld, then the decision is justified and within their right as the authority or person/people in charge. If you agree with this approach then no need to read on.

There are those who disagree based on leadership principles, especially within a Christian organization where the treatment of people is supposed to be held in high regard. There is a lack of honor and integrity with the type of approach mentioned above. It solely protects leadership (unbiblical), sets up a potential environment for of failure for the employee as opposed to success (unbiblical) and does not meet the needs fo the employee that leadership is designed to serve (unbiblical). For those interested in a more behind the scenes/in-depth look which speaks to the bigger issues involved in these types of scenarios, one is available. A lengthy and detailed rough draft/work in progress, but details are necessary in stories like these to thoroughly explore the relevant issues and to combat any past, present or future spin on the topic. One of these stories can be read as part of the other bigger issues involved in terms of Christian leadership from a layman's perspective or as the shorter personal story option (which takes around 15-20 minutes) depending on which of the two links is chosen.

The web address/link is http://www.booksie.com/WC_Jean

• 4 weeks later...

Over 600 views since last post, over 40 reads of personal story options. Sure got awful quiet real quick. What, no one wants to talk about principled, value based leadership anymore? Did it get too uncomfortable moving beyond mere talk, theme banners hanging in hallways, believing in the theoretical to a real life example? Not sure of reasons, but truth does have a way of silencing those who think they know. Maybe one of those reasons is everyone is finally in agreement with me. icon_e_smile.gif