Is the T$$AA.........

There nothing wrong with the current system It's NOT broken. Coach's does not like it because they have to wait till saturday to figure out who there playing. In the 5 class systems in some regions there is some teams having to drive over 100 miles to play a region game. Keep the current system schools are making good money playing the current way

the 6 clsses really missed up district 9aaa, we have the problem with every school traveling "over 100 miles" out of district with smyrna going to olive branch ms, riverdale going to brighton "west tn above memphis" and also louisville ky, oakland has to go to arlington "west tn", blackman has to go to chattanoga area to play signal mountain and bradley central, siegal has to go to the chattanoga area to play ooletwah and i believe lavergne travels to knoxville to play CAK, now these games probably wouldnt be played had we stayed in 5 classes because we had 2 more teams in the old region 4 lebanon and wilson central if we were playing in 5 classes next year you add the addition of stewarts ck and region 4 would only have to schdule 2 non region games and coaches not calling high schools all over the southeast to schdule games

as for playoffs its not just coaches that liked the old system but the fans i bleieve liked also now it had a formula even i could figure out, top 4 of the region were in the playoffs, top 2 teams hosted a playoff games the bottom 2 traveled, the current system i need every high school schdule in the state, strength of schdule, margin of victory, an alegebra book, homework hotline, a few cold ones and a pizza, i mean seriously the bcs for college football is easier to understand then this crap!

and the whole reason for 6 classes is $ they make more money for playoffs cause more teams get in, and then they went up to what $9 this year thats up like 40% over just 5 years ago, and where is that money going??? and why are state championship games being played in a mediocre college football stadium you look at alabama they play theres in tuscaloosa, pennsylvania at hienz field, just to name a few but benard says it a great enviroment for the kids but that goes back to what else $, cookeville bid the most so they get to host them

maybe news channel 5 could do an investigate segment on the t$$aa by phil williams, or maybe even send turko over to hermitage to bust down some doors

Edited by oldschooldawg30

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In lieu of many events this spring with the so called 're-alignment' and 'Playoff System' mess we are now in. I would ask the above question.

Is it time to scrap the whole mess and start new and fresh?

I know some will say "Why re-invent the wheel?". To them I say the current car is reminiscent of the one driven by Fred Flintstone, and the folks really paying for it are foot sore.

I ask for everyones honest view on this and options from you as well. I am always open to honest debate and can and will change my mind if given FACTS, not 'opinions' to influence me.

For that matter is it time to bring the publics and privates back together?

Dad,I wish we only had 3 classes like the old days and only top 2 went to playoffs. Way too many games which are only for money. Bring back the bowl games which were great pay days for schools and were some good games. As for public -private,it is not public -private, it is financial aid giving schools and those not giving aid.The decision to split was their's,they chose to separate. As for recruiting,I could care less where a kid goes to school, the problem is 1st contact being the problem. Coaches are not to initiate contact to players,which is what some have done for years.

Some may have forgotten that the TSSAA is simply an organization created and controlled by it's membership - "the schools". If you don't like, or if you do like the current system, contact your school's principal, athletic director, and/or head coaches.

These are the folks that nominate and vote for representation on the TSSAA Board of Control and the TSSAA Legislative Council. These are the folks that can initiate change. It appears that those that are unhappy with the TSSAA may well be in the minority and congregate on CoachT. The TSSAA organization is not some out-of-control 3rd party entity that so many believe.

Ultimately, the control of high school athletics isn't with the figureheads in Hermitage, but rather with the schools. The Hermitage office only enforces what the schools have decided to be enforced. The figureheads in Hermitage receive pay in accordance to what the schools have decided they should be paid. Playoff ticket prices are set by the schools, and are implemented by the figureheads.

Unhappy with the TSSAA? Then go directly to the membership and go in large numbers. This is how you'll get "change".

Some may have forgotten that the TSSAA is simply an organization created and controlled by it's membership - "the schools". If you don't like, or if you do like the current system, contact your school's principal, athletic director, and/or head coaches.

These are the folks that nominate and vote for representation on the TSSAA Board of Control and the TSSAA Legislative Council. These are the folks that can initiate change. It appears that those that are unhappy with the TSSAA may well be in the minority and congregate on CoachT. The TSSAA organization is not some out-of-control 3rd party entity that so many believe.

Ultimately, the control of high school athletics isn't with the figureheads in Hermitage, but rather with the schools. The Hermitage office only enforces what the schools have decided to be enforced. The figureheads in Hermitage receive pay in accordance to what the schools have decided they should be paid. Playoff ticket prices are set by the schools, and are implemented by the figureheads.

Unhappy with the TSSAA? Then go directly to the membership and go in large numbers. This is how you'll get "change".

The TSSAA are untouchable in terms of this stuff. As a former HC you can barely get accurate information from the TSSAA. You can call and speak to two different people and get different answers, tried it once and I was right. The principals are too busy being pricipals and AD's dont get the respect from the TSSAA they deserve. All the changes over the past 10 years have been inspite of the coaches wishes, itis a closed door old boys club that makes appearaces when convenienct for them. Like I said before make the TSSAA BOD elected and schools would have the power to make the changes as you suggest. As long as they are a untouchable and unaccountabl , TSSAA will continue to be mediocre at best.

IF what you say is true about the the schools power we would not be in the mess we are. Schools may set the prices for palyoofs, but I don't believe that, since the TSSAA takes the majority for doing very little, the need to make their share for putting on a game.

The TSSAA are untouchable in terms of this stuff. As a former HC you can barely get accurate information from the TSSAA. You can call and speak to two different people and get different answers, tried it once and I was right. The principals are too busy being pricipals and AD's dont get the respect from the TSSAA they deserve. All the changes over the past 10 years have been inspite of the coaches wishes, itis a closed door old boys club that makes appearaces when convenienct for them. Like I said before make the TSSAA BOD elected and schools would have the power to make the changes as you suggest. As long as they are a untouchable and unaccountabl , TSSAA will continue to be mediocre at best.

IF what you say is true about the the schools power we would not be in the mess we are. Schools may set the prices for palyoofs, but I don't believe that, since the TSSAA takes the majority for doing very little, the need to make their share for putting on a game.

Thusly my reasoning to completely scrapping the entire T$$AA and starting over from scratch, only RIGHT this time.