Can the Irish do it again?

dpg123

I'd like to hear what people think about Father Ryan's chances of repeating as State Champs this year. Not many people gave them a chance last year, and i'd like to know if you think they can surprise everyone again. I personally don't think that they are as strong as last year, but their gonna be in the hunt again b/c of seniors Ben Petsch, Dylan Lynch, Ryan Nichting, and Will Myers. They are all capable of playing high D-I next year. Good luck to the irish either way.

Posted by dpg123:

I'd like to hear what people think about Father Ryan's chances of repeating as State Champs this year. Not many people gave them a chance last year, and i'd like to know if you think they can surprise everyone again. I personally don't think that they are as strong as last year, but their gonna be in the hunt again b/c of seniors Ben Petsch, Dylan Lynch, Ryan Nichting, and Will Myers. They are all capable of playing high D-I next year. Good luck to the irish either way.

Well I would say the "surprise factor" is gone. They'll find it a little difficult to repeat. MBA, BGA, BA....will

all see to it.....all are much stronger this year. :o

• 1 month later...

i hate to say it, but i think that they're going to be just as good this year. their pitching won't be...but i think their lineup is just as strong. and who the heck did they surprise last year, they were easily the most consistent team in the state, and after cbhs was knocked out, it was no question who was going to win it. you keep talking about depth, but if you got 8 quality starters and 3 good pitchers that they seem to have again, who needs more depth than that?