2012 Polk Wildcats

IrishOwl

Just noticed the polk fans have been pretty quite this off season and was wondering what kind of talent the wildcats will field this coming season? Friend of mine told me he read in the Cleveland paper some weeks back that Davis was quoted saying he was only going to have like 30 players this year, is that correct? In past years they have averaged over 60 dress out correct?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed the polk fans have been pretty quite this off season and was wondering what kind of talent the wildcats will field this coming season? Friend of mine told me he read in the Cleveland paper some weeks back that Davis was quoted saying he was only going to have like 30 players this year, is that correct? In past years they have averaged over 60 dress out correct?

Polk graduated quite a few Seniors and Coach Davis ran off some players in the Spring, so the numbers may be down some but I'd be surprised if they're as low as you heard. Polk may not be as good as they've been the past several years, but as long as Coach Davis is there they'll have good teams.

I just can't believe Polk hasn't done better in the playoffs with some of the talent they've had the last couple years. I thought there best chance was when Allen was a senior but CAK was too much for them. I'm not familiar with the junior high team but an curious to the younger talent (or lack there of) Davis has coming up. Would you consider the next few seasons rebuilding years for the wildcats?

Polk graduated quite a few Seniors and Coach Davis ran off some players in the Spring, so the numbers may be down some but I'd be surprised if they're as low as you heard. Polk may not be as good as they've been the past several years, but as long as Coach Davis is there they'll have good teams.

Check on the my pal blitzinbuc. Well coached. Coach Davis not beyond some "gamesmanship".

• 2 weeks later...

Polk will be a little undersized this year but knowing Coach Davis and his staff they will have a tough hard nose team. Coach Davis always finds the players that will play hard and with Pride the whole game. Looking forward to watching a lot of the younger guys step up this year.

Polk is smaller this year then the past couple of years. Polk has always had a smashmouth team and will get after you the whole game. Hoping for a great year and seeing the younger guys step up this year. The younger guys will improve as the season rolls on and be fine. Coach Davis always has his players ready to play and play with heart, pride, and great sportsmanship.