Another D1 pick up for INDY Eagles

notredame66

I've seen 1000s of d1 athletes and Steele can play at that level. He is as quick as most. Did you see him last year run Mathers down from the back side. If he has a great year D1 is very possible. He will be a standout in D1aa. Jalen Wade is the same. Teams will have a difficult time with these two.

1000's of d1 athletes?? You must have been in Florida or Texas most of your life.

After watching his highlight film as well as games I think Wharton is a d1 offensive guy right now. I think he is very raw as a db. Not to say he can't be a d1 db, but right now he is a better offensive guy and return guy right now...

Wharton will be a safety at the next level ( major D1 school) he has recieved 5 offers already and Ohio State has been very warm to him of late.... Raw? Are you kidding me, the kid is as polished DB in the state, hence his 7 int at the Vandy Camp.....he stands out to some more on offense b/c his speed, ability to cut back , read defenders and the fact that he is the best athlete on the field.

You lost all credibility when you said Wharton was not a division 1 DB, what position do you think he has offers from multiple BCS schools at?

Highlife - we know what a D1 kid is and barring injury or him just being stupid he is legit D1---

Question - when and whi was last kid from CHS, BHS,FHS or RHS to go D1?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/125099/vic-wharton-iii

Highlife - we know what a D1 kid is and barring injury or him just being stupid he is legit D1---

Question - when and whi was last kid from CHS, BHS,FHS or RHS to go D1?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/125099/vic-wharton-iii

As far as I can tell, Wharton has gone to high school, not a d1 school. It's all hot air and speculation for now...and what, school number 5 in 5 years for Wharton. He won't graduate from Indy. A higher bidder will come along before then.

As far as I can tell, Wharton has gone to high school, not a d1 school. It's all hot air and speculation for now...and what, school number 5 in 5 years for Wharton. He won't graduate from Indy. A higher bidder will come along before then.

Backintn- yeah most 16 yo kids are in high school and not playing D1 ball !!!

Hot air and speculation ? No not when he has BEEN offered 5 scholarships already ,and many still knocking....

So all these kids , offered scholarships at UT or other schools is that hot air and speculation ?

Wharton Sr and Dyson are very close friends- fact Dyson is jR's godfather.....

Even if he dies go to another school next year he is a D1 prospect again take a look

Backintn- yeah most 16 yo kids are in high school and not playing D1 ball !!!

Hot air and speculation ? No not when he has BEEN offered 5 scholarships already ,and many still knocking....

So all these kids , offered scholarships at UT or other schools is that hot air and speculation ?

Wharton Sr and Dyson are very close friends- fact Dyson is jR's godfather.....

Even if he dies go to another school next year he is a D1 prospect again take a look

http://espn.go.com/c...vic-wharton-iii

Do you realize how poor the pay Sr. is making in his TA position at Indy? My best friend's wife is a TA in the county and it pays below the poverty line. We are talking about 15 grand a year. Add a few grand as a for coaching and the guy is still making less than 20,000 a year. He will find his way to a private school where they can pay him a lot more and he doesnt have to have any real credentials to work there...unless Dyson and Campbell are planning on paying him extra under the table. But the integrity of those guys is legendary, so there shouldnt be any problem there...right?

Edited by BackinTN