Big 8 Jamboree

ArtVandalay

Thursday @ 7 PM at the Stone Castle. There are no skill competitions this year, just 4 teasers to wet the appetite for some Football!!

1st Qtr.

Dobyns-Bennett vs Science Hill

I am curious if Graham Clark continues with the same attitiude as he has had in the past about the Jamoree...practice unitl the last minuete in Kingpsort, get on a bus...run on the field in practice uniforms, give little effort and get back on the bus and leave. If it was me, I would shake it up a little and dress the players out in fresh game uniforms and run over the Toppers.

I am not sure how the rest of the order goes. Boone plays Crockett, and I dont know who plays whom between TN. High, South, Central and Volunteer.

See you in Bristol

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday @ 7 PM at the Stone Castle. There are no skill competitions this year, just 4 teasers to wet the appetite for some Football!!

1st Qtr.

Dobyns-Bennett vs Science Hill

I am curious if Graham Clark continues with the same attitiude as he has had in the past about the Jamoree...practice unitl the last minuete in Kingpsort, get on a bus...run on the field in practice uniforms, give little effort and get back on the bus and leave. If it was me, I would shake it up a little and dress the players out in fresh game uniforms and run over the Toppers.

I am not sure how the rest of the order goes. Boone plays Crockett, and I dont know who plays whom between TN. High, South, Central and Volunteer.

See you in Bristol

Roll Tribe Roll

I don't think Clark will do anything different. He hates these things and its his way to show everybody how much he hates it. Carter likes to show off so he'll come out with guns blazen. Plus it's probably his best chance to beat Clark, and all of Johnson City will be on cloud 9........until week 10.

Carter likes to show off so he'll come out with guns blazen. Plus it's probably his best chance to beat Clark, and all of Johnson City will be on cloud 9........until week 10.

The Toppers are breaking in a new QB - so they may have some trouble with that early on. Carter has got to find a way to beat Greeneville, because they are not very good and he cant loose to a 4A Team again. He needs a good season or he is in trouble.

I look for Boone to be much improved this season...probably the #2 team in the conference. I heard the Vikings will be better than 2011.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

The Toppers are breaking in a new QB - so they may have some trouble with that early on. Carter has got to find a way to beat Greeneville, because they are not very good and he cant loose to a 4A Team again. He needs a good season or he is in trouble.

I look for Boone to be much improved this season...probably the #2 team in the conference. I heard the Vikings will be better than 2011.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well Im hearing our secondary is "suspect" AGAIN this year, if so then QB's are not going to have much trouble throwing the ball. For the past several years our pass defense has been a strong rush to hurry the throw. Defensive backs are always out of position. I hope some of the teams up here are better this year. We need our starters to still be playing in the forth quarter. That goes for the coaches to. They need to still be coaching in the forth quarter.

Well Im hearing our secondary is "suspect" AGAIN this year, if so then QB's are not going to have much trouble throwing the ball. For the past several years our pass defense has been a strong rush to hurry the throw. Defensive backs are always out of position. I hope some of the teams up here are better this year. We need our starters to still be playing in the forth quarter. That goes for the coaches to. They need to still be coaching in the forth quarter.

"Our" scecondary? Is that the Indians? If so, I totally disagree with that. Swafford and Forman and add in Josh Holt, that is not suspect, that is as good as you could hope for. In the Greeneville scrimmage, DB tipped or broke up at least 75% of their passes and that does include the LB's getting a hand up and making a play too.

Did the Jamboree go on?

No Jamboree..I think what the WaCo one speaks of is our lack of in your face pass defense.In the past we have played way to soft on the corners and allow any and all 8-10 yard passes to be caught, relying on good tackling, just not getting burned for the big one. ..but we have always played way too far off the receivers allowing way too many passes to be caught in front of us.

No Jamboree..I think what the WaCo one speaks of is our lack of in your face pass defense.In the past we have played way to soft on the corners and allow any and all 8-10 yard passes to be caught, relying on good tackling, just not getting burned for the big one. ..but we have always played way too far off the receivers allowing way too many passes to be caught in front of us.

You are 100% correct. Its not a athlete problem. I know we had some of the best athletes in the state playing back there last year (take away a couple games when Forman was out). We should again this year have a awsome secondary. Teams should be scared to death to pass on us. But we play to far off the receivers and for what reason? I don't see many receivers that we go up against running by our secondary. I have no dought we will play the same way this year. When we go up against teams that can slow our pass rush we'll get tourched.

I don't think Clark will do anything different. He hates these things and its his way to show everybody how much he hates it. Carter likes to show off so he'll come out with guns blazen. Plus it's probably his best chance to beat Clark, and all of Johnson City will be on cloud 9........until week 10.

no, until week 0 when greeneville comes up there and grinds one out against the toppers...not many people are giving my Greene a chance against SH, but that's just the way we like it.