7-AAA Jamboree and Season Predictions

TDCman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on Riverdale throwing in the towel and not trying to score at the end? Seems like it would have been a great opportunity to let the backup QB try to manage an end of game drive. With our recent playoff experience fresh on everyone's mind I can't believe Riverdale let that opportunity slip away. Besides, I don't like losing anything, even a scrimmage, especially on your home field.

Was the roster that was put out just for the jamboree? I noticed all the 'retired' numbers of the former Mr Football winners were in use.

Andre Knox and Andrew Knox are the twin sophomore running backs. Denzel Harding (21) is the main back but Jacob Hayes (22) is a strong runner too.

What impressed me about Siegel is that all we have heard about is Stockstill and how good he is. Don't get me wrong, he is an outstanding QB and youg man. But Siegel comes out in the jamboree as a run heavy team and uses the pass as a secodary thought. Very dangerous team offensively. Add that to the fact that coach W is a defensive minded coach and you have depth at many positions. That is what wins championships.

The State Farm song on EVERY FIRST DOWN, has GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!! People in the stands were ready to rip their ears off!

It USED to be that big boosters got their shout out only on touchdowns. As they are not that frequent now you go with what you do get.

The main thing that continues to worry me is the severe lack of depth in the lines and their strength.

What impressed me about Siegel is that all we have heard about is Stockstill and how good he is. Don't get me wrong, he is an outstanding QB and youg man. But Siegel comes out in the jamboree as a run heavy team and uses the pass as a secodary thought. Very dangerous team offensively. Add that to the fact that coach W is a defensive minded coach and you have depth at many positions. That is what wins championships.

Siegel also goes into this season with a solid kicking game and the best place kicker in the district.