Sequatchie @ York Institute

Indians1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the Jamboree and hearing about how the Indians played up at Coffee county for their scrimmage I was a little disappointed. I was hoping to see a little more out of some of their skill guys and that big line I hear about but wasnt a bad game. They kept it respectable against SP. York will be a tough matchup for the Indians and we will all get to see what kind of team they will have this year. My head is telling me York but I love valley football so ill say

Seq-28

York-20

Should be a great ball game friday night up on the mountain where the dragons will be ready to go... Not sure what to expect from this team this year. The last 2 years we have had a small senior class this years class is a bit bigger. hopefully they learned from all the bumps they took last year... There is plenty of seating we got new seating last year to replace the old stadium seating. Enjoy the trip !!

I know the players and coaches are ready to play but there is just a 10 percent chance of rain all day tomorrow. The rain doesn't matter as much except for attendance and possibly quality of play due to turnovers and footing-but I'd hate for the players to bus out there and not get to play, or not start until 9 or 10 due to lightning.

York controlled the game up front on both sides, had over 200 yards of rushing the first half and led 26-6 by halftime. Their running backs had some long gains but the QB and his decision making made it look easy for them on many plays. Sequatchie had a lot of players on the field for their first significant varsity action, as most only played in mop-up time at the end of big wins. They will take a look at what they could have done better and give it another shot next week. Getting that first one played, even in a loss, will be a benefit I believe. Sequatchie moved the ball better than it might sound in just scoring 6 but York would come up with a big defensive play and end the drive except on one first quarter scoring run.

Edited by Indian

I must say, either York is really good this year or we are in for one more ride. No doubt losing all the graduates hurt us. We have a really young team, so I can't put much blame on anybody as it comes with the territory. I do wish we would throw it more as running it all the time becomes too predictable, but I've always said that. I still look forward to how this year progresses, as well as the next 2 years.

The reverse option for the touchdown was beautifully executed, but unfortunately, it was our only real highlight. York's speed looked to be superior to ours as #20 could fly down the field. I do love how he was home free until he fumbled the ball into the endzone at our 2 yard line. icon_lol.gif I'm still not sure how he did that. Something tells me he'll remember that fumble for the rest of his high school career.

Edited by Indians1