CHATTANOOGA CENTRAL @ POLK COUNTY (0-1)

pounderfan1

It happens. One year Sequatchie averaged less than 5, home or away. One home game they had zero penalties and the highly-favored opponent had 15 or 16, in that range..a couple of TDs called back. There was an outrage from the visiting coach and even a long opinion piece in the Chattanooga paper about it-by a writer who was not at the game and who had not watched a film. It blasted the referees and implied racism was the cause if I remember right. I did watch the film and not only was each flag deserved, they could have called much more on them-offsides, late hits, and especially holding as the team was really out of shape and began holding even in the first quarter. In large part due to the newspaper opinion the referees were suspended a week though it was undeserved. Sequatchie also had an away game with zero penalties that year.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess we were both right unfortunately....it was tough game but as i stated earlier in the week, we just can not line up and smash mouth with anybody...just not enough kids on our sidelines to play 4 quarters that way.... i honestly figured that the punders would start going 4 wide much earlier in the game and then would be able play speed quick strike football. obvious that polk had no answer for it until we got down to the goal line...and even then it took a bogus holding call to stop us....

officiating was pretty lopsided in this game too...central had 10 penalties polk 1......not taking anything away from polk they played a great game but games are much more even than that withthe zebras.....

also though that for the most part polk fans and players were very good sports.... all but the one coach that decided it was a good time to yell across the field to "wrap it up, bring somebody else in, let's get this going" when we had a player down due to cramps.......classy!!!!

congrats POLK FANS! AND GREAT GAME...

I was runing the chains and the coach that said that was the Central coach. I was right next to him when he said that. Think it was still a tied game at the time.

I was runing the chains and the coach that said that was the Central coach. I was right next to him when he said that. Think it was still a tied game at the time.

not sying your wrong but i was standing in the endzone by the concession stand when the polk coach said it in the thrid quarter....tall older heavy set guy...had a towel in his back pocket...,,,,said it twice...

not sying your wrong but i was standing in the endzone by the concession stand when the polk coach said it in the thrid quarter....tall older heavy set guy...had a towel in his back pocket...,,,,said it twice...

Then I stand corrected. Well good luck to you guys this week against EH and the rest of the season.