Antioch vs. Station Camp

football2011

Are you saying it doesn't happen? How about Jenkins coming to Rucker Stewart to try and get Tremanie Smith to attend Rucker over Gallatin. Are you saying that didn't happen? Johnson last year, Malone and Fitts should all have gone to Gallatin. Lets not even bring up Tra Malone. Banks and Rice steered plenty of kids toward SC because they claimed Lassiter was a racist. I guess that pipeline is now gone since Banks is on the Ezell staff now. Everybody knows it in town, it isn't a secret. Station Camp better keep their hands off of Mason and Devault at Rucker as well as a few others. Station Camp can wallow in their land of the Bison down in their flood plain!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said it didn't happen. All these names you are throwing out are not affiliated with Station Camp outside of being students at school or fans. All these kids are friends with one another or have played against each other as they are growing up, so if you use your theory, maybe they should not talk to each other because "they" may try to recruit for their school.As far as this Banks and Rice steering kids, never heard of these people, nor is there anyone on the SC roster with those names.

Somebody please let me know what you think. For several years, the talk has been about the talent being acquired at Station Camp. The freshmen team hasn't lost a game in years. They have a top talent in the NATION in Malone. Before someone says the quarterback is a sophomore, remember that Hurd was a stud as a sophomore at Beech last year, Gallatin started a sophomore at QB last year after the first game, and Hendersonville is starting a sophomore QB now. Plus, the SC sophomore QB is about 6'3", 225 lb man. WHAT is the deal? Is it the preseason of not playing good competition that makes them not ready? Is it coaching? Is it the kids? Are they waiting for the Chairman of the Board to get the rest of the county to pay for build them a weight room (even though every other public school in Sumner Co. has to pay their own way)? They are not a small school. They are the second largest in the county, behind only Hendersonville, and may be bigger than them. This is the 4th year as a 5A school and they may be 6A next year. So, they are not a new school with growing pains. Please let me know your opinion.

It's time for facts about SC:

1. A lot of the star freshman players from the past several years do not play anymore. Mitchell, King, Heatherly as examples.

2. Weak in the offensive and defensive lines

3. Weak preseason and non district schedule does not prepare you for Beech, Hendersonville, Mt Juliet etc.

4. Malone has 4 catches in 2 games

5. State champs in Twitter, before and after games. I bet Crabtree, Hatfield, and Perry don't allow it to this extent.

6. When you publicize that you asked a dozen or juniors from last year not to come back that is not the sign of a great program.

7. Why go to the I formation?

8. Putting too much pressure on Anderton. Good kid, good player.

Will still win 5 to 6 games

'

It's time for facts about SC:

1. A lot of the star freshman players from the past several years do not play anymore. Mitchell, King, Heatherly as examples.

2. Weak in the offensive and defensive lines

3. Weak preseason and non district schedule does not prepare you for Beech, Hendersonville, Mt Juliet etc.

4. Malone has 4 catches in 2 games

5. State champs in Twitter, before and after games. I bet Crabtree, Hatfield, and Perry don't allow it to this extent.

6. When you publicize that you asked a dozen or juniors from last year not to come back that is not the sign of a great program.

7. Why go to the I formation?

8. Putting too much pressure on Anderton. Good kid, good player.

Will still win 5 to 6 games

'

Thanks for your answer. Sounds like a good, honest assessment. I agree that I think they are probably still a playoff team based on the TALENT that is there. Did not know about the asking some juniors not to come back or that many of the better players as freshmen were not there.

Milo, Antioch started pretty good in the mid 2000's when McPhail was coach and Coker and Brown were running around the backfield. Started 4-0 twice. My opinion on SC game. Antioch dominated the 2nd half. The same thing they did to Lavergne. Have to give Coach Woodward praise for making the adjustments and having his guys in the condition necessary o wear down opponents. The D line took it to SC in the 2nd half. AntiochKs QB is also a 10th grader, but manages the system.