Has the Turbo, Rabbit, Shane show gone to Red Bank?

taketop

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard that shane is coaching at the high school and rabbitt will be coaching at the middle school and it is only a matter of time until turbo transfers over there along with a few others. it is about time they were able to run there own program instead of bein taken for granted in soddy daisy. go lions.

Here are the facts.

Shane Turner was hired by HCDE to teach history at Red Bank high school. In addition, he will be the head assistant wrestling coach at RBHS when the season begins November 1, 2012.

Rabbit Turner has accepted a new position as the volunteer coach for all age groups involved in the Red White and Blue Club (RWB-The Red Bank community wrestling club). The President of RWB is Tracy Noles. RWB is a 501©(3) organization dedicated to promoting the sport of wrestling in the Red Bank community. Many people don't realize that the demographics in the Red Bank area have changed tremendously. Currently 70% of students are on free or reduced lunch. One of our goals is to give the high risk youth in Red Bank the ability to participate in the sport without money being an obstacle. If anyone is interested to donating to this organization please let me know.

The head coach at Red Bank middle school is coach James Wulf and he is assisted by Chris Kizziah.

Darrin Smith is NOT enrolled at Red Bank high school.

I'm delighted to have both Shane Turner and Rabbit Turner involved and completely dedicated to the future of Red Bank wrestling. The Red Bank community is also very blessed to have 2 very competent coaches involved at the Middle School level.

Edited by russianbear

no matter what the titles say we all know who will really be running the red bank program from the kids club all the way to the high school. just like before when shane was at red bank. just like when they were a little farther north. red bank is going to be a powerhouse again. go lions.

Yes, we do. As the Head Coach, Ben Reichel will run the program, just as Steve Henry did at Soddy. As an assumed Red Bank fan, it seems odd that you would choose to start this type of talk so soon. There is no quicker way to break down a program than to attempt to fan these types of flames that can lead to gossip and divisiveness. At least allow these men the opportunity to get this program on the track they're hoping for before you attempt to derail it. Good luck, Coach Reichel and Company!

RBlions1997, As with any successful program, there are multiple people to give credit to. And thanks for giving credit to the Turners. Anyone involved in the sport knows their dedication. As a fan, there are many ways to support the program. Come to practice. Volunteer at our preseason tournament 11/17/2012. Come to the matches. Donate money. Get to know the kids. We could certainly use the help/support. The wrestling team (as with all other athletic programs) gets ZERO financial support from the school. We have to raise every dime on our own. Last year we had only 2 team members that had a relationship with a father. We would love to have you on board. If I don't know you, come introduce yourself. I look forward to meeting you.

As someone that cares deeply about the future of our program, I'd prefer to walk the walk and keep things in house. This time of year there isn't very much wrestling. Though the serious wrestlers are training, fans become board. Very little good can come from gossip, message boards, etc. I understand it provides cheap entertainment, but it would be in everybody's best interest if we just let this thread die. We are training now. If you'd like a practice schedule, please feel free to contact me (423-432-2514) or coach Turner (either one). Thank you.

Edited by russianbear

not faning any flames just want to make sure credit is given where credit is do.

Oh, so you think that these coaches are concerned about getting "credit". Let's make sure that they get their "credit". I'll bet that these men couldn't care less about that. I'll bet they're motivated by helping young men find self-esteem and build character through this sport. I'll say it again. Comments like yours can plant the seed that can crush a good plan. As far as the Soddy job, the people who knew exactly who put what into that program decided to go another direction. It's just that simple.

RBlions1997, As with any successful program, there are multiple people to give credit to. And thanks for giving credit to the Turners. Anyone involved in the sport knows their dedication. As a fan, there are many ways to support the program. Come to practice. Volunteer at our preseason tournament 11/17/2012. Come to the matches. Donate money. Get to know the kids. We could certainly use the help/support. The wrestling team (as with all other athletic programs) gets ZERO financial support from the school. We have to raise every dime on our own. Last year we had only 2 team members that had a relationship with a father. We would love to have you on board. If I don't know you, come introduce yourself. I look forward to meeting you.

As someone that cares deeply about the future of our program, I'd prefer to walk the walk and keep things in house. This time of year there isn't very much wrestling. Though the serious wrestlers are training, fans become board. Very little good can come from gossip, message boards, etc. I understand it provides cheap entertainment, but it would be in everybody's best interest if we just let this thread die. We are training now. If you'd like a practice schedule, please feel free to contact me (423-432-2514) or coach Turner (either one). Thank you.

thumbs up!! I know one who stated some five years ago that Shane was the best coach in Tennessee. I believe that was shared openly right after the BB understudy bailed on the Big Blue & jumped over to the oh Big Red Machine. I will agree that no one IMHO exceeds the energy at mat side! Perhaps even off the mat as well... I've heard.

Good luck to all those now involved as Red Bank strives to come back as Hixson has! Wasn't long ago the Wildcats upset SD in region 4!!