Smyrna's Chase Murphy Transfers to Blackman High SChool

mykidsdad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think this is a loss for Blackman if he is allowed to join the team. He will cause nothing but distractions and drama at this point in the game.

And does Blackman really need to add another kid to their 100+ roster especially one that has been kicked off the same team twice both Freshman year and just last week? Is this the type of kid that Blackman wants on their roster regardless of talent. Shouldn't high school football not only be about winning but about growing up good young men???

Maybe not allowing this kid to join the team at least straight away will show him that there are finally consequences for his actions. Maybe the coaches should do what his parents obviously refuse to do!!

Does Blackman really need a player that has been kicked off the team twice? How long will he last at Blackman? A loss for Smyrna? Maybe, or maybe just a little less of a distraction. Is the kid an athlete? YES! But, you can't play if you can't stay on the team.

Edited by BDOG1

Personally, I think this is a loss for Blackman if he is allowed to join the team. He will cause nothing but distractions and drama at this point in the game.

And does Blackman really need to add another kid to their 100+ roster especially one that has been kicked off the same team twice both Freshman year and just last week? Is this the type of kid that Blackman wants on their roster regardless of talent. Shouldn't high school football not only be about winning but about growing up good young men???

Maybe not allowing this kid to join the team at least straight away will show him that there are finally consequences for his actions. Maybe the coaches should do what his parents obviously refuse to do!!

I was not aware that the kid was dismissed. That's really unfortunate. However if he is allowed onto the team and can not conduct himself accordingly, I'm sure he will find himself somewhere else.

I wish the young man good luck. Wish he could have worked out here. Maybe different surroundings will prove to be what turns him around. Attitude and teamwork seemed to be the issue. Maybe Shad can shed some light on how to conduct yourself in a team enviroment.

Edited by milo118

Not sure, he is a Junior. But has not participated in any offical game action to date.

I believe he practiced with the varsity team up until Tuesday or Wednesday last week. I would think that there would be an issue with practicing with a team all summer and then two days prior to the first game transfer to a school that is on the schedule. My son transfered from Blackman to Smyrna after we moved and the first question we were asked is if he had practiced with Blackman at all that summer. If he turns out to be eligible I hope he has an all-star season and finds a place to successful. Good luck.

Edited by milo118