Happy Valley (1-1) @ Elizabethton (0-2)

EHSTrack06

EHS coming off a tough loss vs Science Hill

HV coming off a big win over Unaka.

Biggest crowd for both teams and one of the big East TN Rivalries

EHS used Turner tonight and he made some big runs plus they still have the other 2 RBs so the depth at RB is big. The D-Line of EHS showed some life getting to Hayes a number of times and handling the Science Hill O-Line for most of the game. EHS has a weaker secondary but does HV have the passing to expose it?

Discuss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the talking is done in person at the game lol and you can always hope but if HV got shutout by Central then I doubt they have a chance against EHS who is coming off of 2 losses and looking for blood. Last year we played SH close until the 4th and then turned and beat HV 41-0 at HV..this year we barely lost to SH so I'm looking at EHS pounding the ball and tiring HV out with the numbers game. EHS 42-7

Last10 years HV is 1-9. The 1 game they won they won 7-6. The next closest game was 13-10 EHS and other than that the rest were 3+ TD wins.

Edited by EHSTrack06

Well it looks like weather is not going to be a problem,,,neather will Happy Valley...jtrainlessness will be their battle cry. (a lot of cring...)they recruted away 2 of Elizabethtons best players. The 2 year starting linebacker and a starting wide receiver. How will Elizabethton recover from that? It will be a maricle if those two can make it to the game without another DUI on the way there. One of the best moves Witten has made all year, that and starting the kid at QB he did in the Science Hill game. That was one of the things that will help this team. Now if they can just teach someone to cover the pass, or blitz often enough they don't have time to throw it. Elizabethton by a bizallion>>>>>>>

Yeah, HV did get our WR..but a WR is no good if they don't got a guy to throw to him and I don't think HV will have much to offer in the passing game..but yes, our secondary does need to learn to cover the wide outs better. One of the last SH TDs came and the SH WR was juststanding between 2 of our guys waiting for the ball. And he caught it with no resistance lol

Prider you are already on ncpreps trying to get those boys riled up. Good luck this week and I hope to get to watch the Tuscola game.

Ha yes, had a good time talking to them last year. They not talking much this year. That got a new coach that went 0-10 last year at the school he was at. They even canceled their JV games. Not the same team we signed up to play.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Georgia commit DL Stephon Shivers announces he will leave Humboldt High School in Memphis to attend Brentwood Academy High School in Nashville for his senior year. Good move for the kid. Himboldt was awful, and somehow getting worse with all their players leaving for other high schools in Memphis. A very underrated prospect moves very fast for his size, and his releases off the line are insane. A very good pick-up for Brentwood Academy.
    • Great post and on point about the LB's. I would look to see Mason Batten get alot of reps and fill one of the LB's spots. Defensive and offensive line should be very good.  On the offensive side, Tate Surber has weapons all around him.  Backfield could see a mixture of RB's but I would anticipate Timmy Airline and Colt Norden getting the majority of the totes.  Norden will also be a big threat down the field in the passing game along with Cole Brown, Jacobi Melton, and Martez Teague.  Jacobi Melton is probably the fastest kid on the team. He can flat move.   As far as the offensive strategy, the weapons are for sure there to run that 4/5 wide no huddle.  But, do we have the depth to run a fast pace, no huddle and keep kids fresh for four quarters?  Time will tell.  One thing is for sure, the pieces are there to make a deep run, but we don't want to put the cart before the horse. 
    • McKenzie has to replace some very good players on defense especially @ linebacker. I am hearing the roster numbers are way up so far this year . A couple players from the 2022 team are back out for their senior year I  heard. Hearing the main offensive philosophy  maybe  moving toward a no huddle 4/5 WR and very fast paced. After exceeding  expectations last year and even holding their own in the championship game with what this team has back they  should be deep into the playoffs again this year. The defensive side of the ball is what I will be paying close attention too. I thought down the stretch last year, their defense was what really carried them through the playoffs. 
    • I'll post it on this thread instead of starting a new thread.  Humboldt's Stephon Shivers hit the tinder portal and will transfer to Brentwood Academy. Good to see this happen for Hayden Williams, as it'll give him a laser focus mentality to develop players for now on.
    • McKenzie has 30/38 of their roster back this year, according to TSSAA website.