Dresden @ McKenzie

lionfbfan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also thought there should be concessions on the visitor side but I don't think that is in the plans

I do think McKenzie spent too much money on the thing they run through before the game. I wish they and others west tn as well would spend budget to be on tssaanetwork.com so we can watch their games. It'd be good for their own fans as everyone dont have gas to travel far (ex. adamsville) or dont get off work in time. And it'd also be good for them to watch as well as other fans of West Tennessee football & other sports like basketball for that matter.

You can't expect Westview to admit that they aren't God's team lol to hear some Charger fans talk you would think they have 10 state championship banners for football hanging in their gym. Last time I was there I didn't see any.

IMHO, it would be a disservice to Weakey Co. to see the Westview/Dresden football game dropped. For quite a few seasons the McKenzie/Huntingdon game didn't happen and it just didn't seem right. Nothing like seeing how long you can hold your breath.

I do think McKenzie spent too much money on the thing they run through before the game. I wish they and others west tn as well would spend budget to be on tssaanetwork.com so we can watch their games. It'd be good for their own fans as everyone dont have gas to travel far (ex. adamsville) or dont get off work in time. And it'd also be good for them to watch as well as other fans of West Tennessee football & other sports like basketball for that matter.

KermitDeeFrog, the Rebel "tunnel" was purchased for the school by a private fund rasing organization. The schools funds had nothing to do with it's existance other than accepting the gift. The same contribution paid for namy other improvements to Rebel football as a whole.

But in large I so agree with you. Just that the school didn't do that, basically it was fans. I wish I had the $$$$ to donate a statue to Rebel Field.

I really hope you people are correct. McKenzie has a history of taking the ball away from Dresden (like oatz said). Some of the most aggressive defensive players around. Butchie I'll send some of the Lion faithful over to the flagpole to visit with you guys. I have to travel for work so I wont be able to attend (which really sucks). You can bet I'll be getting play by play by text message, although I'll be seven hours ahead of the game I'll just set an alarm for 2 am. lol

Awe Shucks....Call In Drunk!

I've always heard the scorboard determined who wins the game but it could be different in Martin. Nobody claimed that we are awesome, that I'm aware of . Whether Dresden should've won or not is irrelivent they managed to get the win with kids that are less atheletic, slower, smaller and unsportsmanlike (or so people like to say). The rumor I heard was the View was dropping Dresden but I haven't heard it from anyone that would actually know. Matter of fact I think it was a Trenton person who mentioned it at the jamboree. Guess we can worry about that next year. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year......

Thanks for the well wishes...I gave you guys a compliment...an L is an L for us---the Dresden dropping WV "rumor" was started by a coach, because your coach said they are losing a lot of athletes and don't know if they'll be able to compete. we don't count JV games as "actual" games....You are correct in your assessment of less athletic and all of that, but you still won and should be proud. Good luck against the Rebels, but IMHO--they are really a more "balanced" team who made mistakes against us. Whoever wins that game makes the playoffs, they will be ready at home for you---and they are probably still stinging from last years' playoff loss.