Franklin Centennial

WitchDoctor

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nash,

Maybe you need to read your own post where you apparently agree with swami's assessment of the behavior of the FHS kids. To suggest that I have taken your post out of context is simply dishonest. Feel free to say whatever you think you need to in order to defend a failing institution and bring down one that has exhibited success for over 100 years.

Maybe you should focus your frustration towards the failing administration of chs instead of debating the proven success of FHS. It would probably be more productive. Just a thought.

To whom it may concern,

After being alerted by a concerned parent, I felt it necessary to create an account on CoachT and address your negative comments of both Centennial High School and the administration of CHS.

My name is Frank Brown and I am the principal of Centennial High School. Your comments here and previously are both misinformed and hurtful in nature. I have worked in five high schools in my career and the Centennial community is the most cohesive and hardworking I have ever been a part of. The student body is the most genuinely caring and school spirited group of students I have had the privilege of working with. Every data point of Centennial, including ACT average, graduation percentage, AP course enrollment, AP scores, and EOC test scores have increased in the two years I have been at Centennial. Our athletic programs are improving across the board and our enrollment has increased to the highest numbers ever in the short history of Centennial.

Centennial is an absolutely amazing and wonderful school that is on the rise in every way possible. We are exceptionally proud of the progress we have made and are excited about the future we envision for ourselves.

While Centennial has had some "ghosts of the past" to deal with," your call to "focus your frustration towards the failing administration" is completely misguided and a indication of a perverse and inappropriate attitude to a fellow Williamson County School.

As part of Williamson County Schools, we are proud and celebrate the successes of all of our schools, but especially our "grand dame" of schools, Franklin High School. We enjoy the competitive nature of our relationship and are hopeful that both schools use that spirit, at least in part, to continue the pursuit of excellence. We have the utmost respect for Mrs. Dickerson, her administrative team (two of whom have previously worked for me), the entire faculty and staff, and the students of Franklin.

I invite you to Centennial High School tonight to witness a great night of football, community pride and spirit, and fierce competition with our neighboring school, Franklin High School. Kickoff is at 7:00. We are expecting a huge crowd so come early because parking and seating will be an issue.

I also further invite you to contact me directly through my email at frankb@wcs.edu or by phone at 472-4270 if you have questions or concerns about anything Centennial related. It appears you have either been given some very inaccurate information or you know the truth and you have chosen to not be appropriate or accurate in your attempt to hurt a great school.

I created this account today to make this one posting. I will not post further and can only hope that you will support Centennial High School in our journey of improvement and excellence. I ask that in the future you post accurately, sensitively, and openly and please refrain from trying to hurt a community anonymously from an unidentified screen name.

I look forward to hearing from you personally.

Respectfully,

Frank Brown, Ed.D.

Principal

Centennial High School

We Are Centennial

"I'll take Centennial by 10 for their first win in the series. Question will be can the Rebel fans behave this year?"

First time poster here...

What did the Franklin fans/students do last year that would be considered not behaving. I was at that game and remember nothing that stands out in my mind as bad behavior.

Edited by PGAgolfer

So your REAL name is notredame66? Very clever.

I would love to stay on the topic of football,, however, if you read previous posts, they attack the FHS kids behavior and the FHS administration. I guess some of the posters on here take offense to someone doing what they are doing.

Thanks for the response Frank. I'm sure you would also be glad to defend the kids and administration of FHS as well.

FHS 28 chs 12

Go Rebels!!!!!

To whom it may concern,

After being alerted by a concerned parent, I felt it necessary to create an account on CoachT and address your negative comments of both Centennial High School and the administration of CHS.

My name is Frank Brown and I am the principal of Centennial High School. Your comments here and previously are both misinformed and hurtful in nature. I have worked in five high schools in my career and the Centennial community is the most cohesive and hardworking I have ever been a part of. The student body is the most genuinely caring and school spirited group of students I have had the privilege of working with. Every data point of Centennial, including ACT average, graduation percentage, AP course enrollment, AP scores, and EOC test scores have increased in the two years I have been at Centennial. Our athletic programs are improving across the board and our enrollment has increased to the highest numbers ever in the short history of Centennial.

Centennial is an absolutely amazing and wonderful school that is on the rise in every way possible. We are exceptionally proud of the progress we have made and are excited about the future we envision for ourselves.

While Centennial has had some "ghosts of the past" to deal with," your call to "focus your frustration towards the failing administration" is completely misguided and a indication of a perverse and inappropriate attitude to a fellow Williamson County School.

As part of Williamson County Schools, we are proud and celebrate the successes of all of our schools, but especially our "grand dame" of schools, Franklin High School. We enjoy the competitive nature of our relationship and are hopeful that both schools use that spirit, at least in part, to continue the pursuit of excellence. We have the utmost respect for Mrs. Dickerson, her administrative team (two of whom have previously worked for me), the entire faculty and staff, and the students of Franklin.

I invite you to Centennial High School tonight to witness a great night of football, community pride and spirit, and fierce competition with our neighboring school, Franklin High School. Kickoff is at 7:00. We are expecting a huge crowd so come early because parking and seating will be an issue.

I also further invite you to contact me directly through my email at frankb@wcs.edu or by phone at 472-4270 if you have questions or concerns about anything Centennial related. It appears you have either been given some very inaccurate information or you know the truth and you have chosen to not be appropriate or accurate in your attempt to hurt a great school.

I created this account today to make this one posting. I will not post further and can only hope that you will support Centennial High School in our journey of improvement and excellence. I ask that in the future you post accurately, sensitively, and openly and please refrain from trying to hurt a community anonymously from an unidentified screen name.

I look forward to hearing from you personally.

Respectfully,

Frank Brown, Ed.D.

Principal

Centennial High School

We Are Centennial

Excellent post, Dr. Brown. I wish others would take your direct approach and not hide their identity. We are hearing very positive things about Centennial over here in Rutherford County. Keep up the good work and good luck tonight.

We all have our idiots, really was no need for Dr. Brown to defend something that did not need defending. This is high school football and this is the only way for some to be involved ....some good some bad.

Hope the young men on both teams play their best and leave the field with honor.

We all have our idiots, really was no need for Dr. Brown to defend something that did not need defending. This is high school football and this is the only way for some to be involved ....some good some bad.

Hope the young men on both teams play their best and leave the field with honor.

I've got some friends that were rezoned from Ravenwood to CHS. They love the school and can't stop talking about the principal. The guy has turned the school around. They call him Tank and swear by him. I've heard other good things from other sources as well. It sounds like he fights for what he believes in. I find it hard to fault or criticise that. It's good to hear Centennial is turning around.