Franklin Centennial

WitchDoctor

It's funny zoning would be used as a reason/excuse for Franklin's slippage. Centennial enrollment was wrecked when Indy opened and for several years was below 1,300. Plus, some students zoned CHS who just happened to be good athletes suddenly became interested in the automotive program at FHS and found their way to Hillsboro Road. As for the current open zoning, CHS and Page can accept a very limited number of Franklin or Ravenwood students so I doubt CHS raided the roster of either school.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no excuses,Centennial just won the game. Coaching is highly over rated at times. It sounds like this year Centennial had a better team with better players. Young talent will often get beat by older talent.Every school has zone changes ,but every school still has enough players for a team. Both coaches are good and it was just Centennial's year. As for Coach Clayton,who knows what may have happened and we will never know,but I am betting he likes where he is sitting today.I think the results would have been the same.

Edited by runtheball

Congrats to the Cougars. They seem to have grown up as a program and the school spirit is at an all time high.

As for Franklin, no doubt that a fall off of talent is in the mix of a weak team so far this season. Outside of that, my biggest concerns are the lack of team energy and the defensive play. The defense looked confused in defending the pass.

Witch-thanks for the compliment. Being a graduate and fan of one of the top high schools in the state, I am surrounded by intelligent people. Nice of you to recognize that.

Btw, the whole third person thing is a little creepy. Maybe it makes you feel like you have least one friend, I don't know. Do the bones have an opinion?

Witch-thanks for the compliment. Being a graduate and fan of one of the top high schools in the state, I am surrounded by intelligent people. Nice of you to recognize that.

Btw, the whole third person thing is a little creepy. Maybe it makes you feel like you have least one friend, I don't know. Do the bones have an opinion?

WitchDoctor never say bad about Franklin folk. You all gracious hosts to me and rest of Siegel Nation couple weeks ago. Had blast! Hope to see you again in playoffs.

"Bones tell only facts and never lie"

• 1 month later...

To whom it may concern,

After being alerted by a concerned parent, I felt it necessary to create an account on CoachT and address your negative comments of both Centennial High School and the administration of CHS.

My name is Frank Brown and I am the principal of Centennial High School. Your comments here and previously are both misinformed and hurtful in nature. I have worked in five high schools in my career and the Centennial community is the most cohesive and hardworking I have ever been a part of. The student body is the most genuinely caring and school spirited group of students I have had the privilege of working with. Every data point of Centennial, including ACT average, graduation percentage, AP course enrollment, AP scores, and EOC test scores have increased in the two years I have been at Centennial. Our athletic programs are improving across the board and our enrollment has increased to the highest numbers ever in the short history of Centennial.

Centennial is an absolutely amazing and wonderful school that is on the rise in every way possible. We are exceptionally proud of the progress we have made and are excited about the future we envision for ourselves.

While Centennial has had some "ghosts of the past" to deal with," your call to "focus your frustration towards the failing administration" is completely misguided and a indication of a perverse and inappropriate attitude to a fellow Williamson County School.

As part of Williamson County Schools, we are proud and celebrate the successes of all of our schools, but especially our "grand dame" of schools, Franklin High School. We enjoy the competitive nature of our relationship and are hopeful that both schools use that spirit, at least in part, to continue the pursuit of excellence. We have the utmost respect for Mrs. Dickerson, her administrative team (two of whom have previously worked for me), the entire faculty and staff, and the students of Franklin.

I invite you to Centennial High School tonight to witness a great night of football, community pride and spirit, and fierce competition with our neighboring school, Franklin High School. Kickoff is at 7:00. We are expecting a huge crowd so come early because parking and seating will be an issue.

I also further invite you to contact me directly through my email at frankb@wcs.edu or by phone at 472-4270 if you have questions or concerns about anything Centennial related. It appears you have either been given some very inaccurate information or you know the truth and you have chosen to not be appropriate or accurate in your attempt to hurt a great school.

I created this account today to make this one posting. I will not post further and can only hope that you will support Centennial High School in our journey of improvement and excellence. I ask that in the future you post accurately, sensitively, and openly and please refrain from trying to hurt a community anonymously from an unidentified screen name.

I look forward to hearing from you personally.

Respectfully,

Frank Brown, Ed.D.

Principal

Centennial High School

We Are Centennial

http://www.wkrn.com/...s-of-misconduct

Wow. Ridiculous is an understatement. I have to admit I got a good chuckle out of this one.

Edited by MyHumbleOpinion