brighton vs covington

cantstopthatCP

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was very impressed with the covington chargers last week. they took a good beating in the first half but came out fresh and alive in the second half and handed it to my trojans. it seemed like the coaches for covington didnt do anything different scheme wise in the second half , but a good old pep talk got their motors running. you could tell they were in better shape and i believe they will win a lot of games this season.

i just started reading this board last year and have come to a conclusion that chargerfan you are very knowledgeable and keep up with your team. sometimes a bit of a homer.

coach dearl and st bentley , yall 2 seem to be disgruntled in life , probably have never sit foot on the field as player and trying to live out a dream on the computer.

just sit back and watch the games and be a good fan to all of these young men.

Well, oldschooltrojan, you are right, because I am definitely a Covington homer. I have watched every Covington football game since 1986 except for 5 games. That includes home, away, bowl, or playoff games. Occasionally something does interfere with attending a game, but not often. As I told my 10-year old grandson last week "10 years ago, you were born on the night of a football game. They made me miss the second half of the game to go to the hospital, and then you were not born until 5 AM".

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Just noticed the post about Brighton's schedule. Do you have a clue who Riverdale is or Millington. Seems the Cardinals may have upgraded their schedule in the last few years.

it isnt helpin them any because they cant get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs, while Covington has been there & done that!!

Covington is WAY up this year. They have a workhorse at fullback. A speedy o-line. The best running back in TN. And to add to all that they have the fastest guy in West Tn to throw the ball to. Watson has a good arm and if he can avoid making mistakes and get the ball to Williams a few times this game is over. Brighton has and will always have great athletes but Covington is on a different level. 35-14 Covington

I stilll don't understand the relevance of a collegiate baseball scholarship to high school football? Sounds like Williams is more concerned with his own well being than the teams. You are either comminted or you are not. Don't mistake me. I believe Williams is a GREAT competitor and all around athlete.

Well, having paid for 3 kids to attend college, let me put it to you this way. Carlos has a free ride to Ole Miss for 4 years. That is over $25,000 per year x 4 years, or over $100,000 (see link below for proof of this). In addition, he will have the opportunity to sign to play pro baseball right out of high school instead, which is another big chunk of change.

Many people in Covington felt that after last year's injury, Carlos should quit football, because he is even better in baseball than he is in football. His future is probably brightest as a pro baseball player, in the long run.

Personally, I am not sure that I would want my child to take the risk of playing football at all if he were in this position. As a football fan, i am just thankful that Carlos wants to be part of our team this year. He is a huge part of what the team is doing so far.

http://olemiss.edu/a...ndance_big.html

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Well, having paid for 3 kids to attend college, let me put it to you this way. Carlos has a free ride to Ole Miss for 4 years. That is over $25,000 per year x 4 years, or over $100,000 (see link below for proof of this). In addition, he will have the opportunity to sign to play pro baseball right out of high school instead, which is another big chunk of change.

Many people in Covington felt that after last year's injury, Carlos should quit football, because he is even better in baseball than he is in football. His future is probably brightest as a pro baseball player, in the long run.

Personally, I am not sure that I would want my child to take the risk of playing football at all if he were in this position. As a football fan, i am just thankful that Carlos wants to be part of our team this year. He is a huge part of what the team is doing so far.

http://olemiss.edu/a...ndance_big.html

i was very impressed with the covington chargers last week. they took a good beating in the first half but came out fresh and alive in the second half and handed it to my trojans. it seemed like the coaches for covington didnt do anything different scheme wise in the second half , but a good old pep talk got their motors running. you could tell they were in better shape and i believe they will win a lot of games this season.

i just started reading this board last year and have come to a conclusion that chargerfan you are very knowledgeable and keep up with your team. sometimes a bit of a homer.

coach dearl and st bentley , yall 2 seem to be disgruntled in life , probably have never sit foot on the field as player and trying to live out a dream on the computer.

just sit back and watch the games and be a good fan to all of these young men.

Brighton played a much stronger and better team in riverdale that ran the same offense as Covington does. Brighton shut them down completely for 1 half and played them a lot better than the scored showed. Covington better hope there defense comes ready to play because covingtons offense is going to be shut down all night long.

BTW, this week's Power Rankings show Brighton as slightly more than a 6-point favorite over Covington.

On the other hand, another ranking shows Covington at #37 in the state and Brighton at #45 in the state. Based on that, Covington would be a slight favorite in head-to-head competition.

I am beginning to feel as if this game is a toss-up.

Edited by CHARGERFAN