WR Fields and RB Stephens no longer with Science Hill?

AlumnI01

Just heard from a buddy of mine that SH big-threat WR Tre Fields in longer with the team. He also said he heard RB Jamaal Stephens was also no longer playing. SH fans, is this true? What happened? As of a week ago, they were both on the team as far as I know. Both could be big losses for the Toppers, especially Fields.

FYI Toppers hammering Sullivan Central to start the 4th, 55-0.

There was an article in today's JC Press about Fields leaving for another school to play basketball. It's frustrating for us fans to see these kids come up through the system, only to leave without seeing them at their full potential, but you can't fault the kid and his family for making what they believe is the best decision for his future.

That being said, from what I've read and heard about this, the way this school recruited Fields doesn't pass the smell test. Some of these programs need to remember that they are high schools, and not big time college athletics. The first and foremost priority should be the students education.

Aside from that, I wish the kid the best of luck and hope to see him play sometime in the future.

There was an article in today's JC Press about Fields leaving for another school to play basketball. It's frustrating for us fans to see these kids come up through the system, only to leave without seeing them at their full potential, but you can't fault the kid and his family for making what they believe is the best decision for his future.

That being said, from what I've read and heard about this, the way this school recruited Fields doesn't pass the smell test. Some of these programs need to remember that they are high schools, and not big time college athletics. The first and foremost priority should be the students education.

Aside from that, I wish the kid the best of luck and hope to see him play sometime in the future.

Amen