Is Lincoln County Now The Beating Dog That Everyone Beats On

CoachLooking

Sometimes be areful what you wish for. I remember when City got their new high

School and some people in the County were praying that it would fail. Now into

Its second year- it is flourishing not only in academics but also in sports.

he biggest problem for the county seems to be that football is what they concentrate on first instead of academics. Some say that players want to go to the City High

School so there must be a reason why. Most parents want a good education first

and sports second. FALCON football has always ruled Lincoln County. Now there's

A new kid in town and from what I've seen and from what people are saying

Fayetteville City Tigers are shaping up to be a powerhouse. It shows not only in

the players attitude but also in the coaches- they beloved in each other and

They believe that they have what it takes to win.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he biggest problem for the county seems to be that football is what they concentrate on first instead of academics. Some say that players want to go to the City High

Fayetteville City Tigers are shaping up to be a powerhouse. It shows not only in

you are right and i will be totally honest i do not like the city high school i think it was opened because of politics i beleive if the resources would have been put into the exsisting school it would have better benifited everyone in academics and athletics but that is my opinion everyone has one .........but it is like everything else in the county wont do what they need to bring in new industy it is why most have go out of town to work and rarely a new buisness opens up wonder why that is ?????? .... yes i know marvins and zaxbys are there now but i did say rarely not never .........lincoln county is suffering from the good old boy syndrome ......and i say lincoln county because fayetteville is in lincoln county at least the last time i looked but they will probably try to change that if they could (politicians that is ) guess they are just upset cause people int the county dont want to be annexed Example park city

• 2 weeks later...

Flourishing in sports? The last time I checked they were playing JV in football, playing some of the same teams NGA is playing. Getting handled in pretty much every other sport.

Reason players want to go to FC is they'll start immediately and play smaller schools (eventually), and think they'll handle Cascade, Forrest, Huntland, Moore County, etc. Same story for basketball, baseball, etc. 'Stick together and we'll win a state championship in single A'. I think there's some surprises in store for some people.

And the academics is one of the bigger myths out there. Look at the results and there isn't a statistically significant difference. Football isn't what is concentrated on, lol.

Fayetteville City is in its 2nd year. They are playing 9th, 10th,and 11th graders so of course they are playing JV games. Next year they will be playing Variety and having played together for 4 years they will be ready. Why do players want to play for City? Maybe its because they are treated with respect and they believe in the coaches and in each other. As far as academics- Lincoln county high school is a joke. Go to the TN Dept of Education website and look at test scores. Parents choose schools for their children based on many factors. Its not only about althletics. You can bet if the Falcons were having a winning season, people wouldn't be playing the blame game. DT has really made a mess of the program at Lincoln County.

Edited by bballbaby

Again, the academic superiority is a myth - I've looked at the scores, closely. I also know that the myth has been sold to the parents of many high achievers that go from the county to the City system, that generally would be getting the same level of instruction in the county system, thus raising the scores of the City system. Both systems academics appear good. A joke HS doesn't finish as the top public school in statewide academic contests.

Not surprised you glossed over that City has 11th graders playing against 9th and 10th graders in football, the same teams NGA is playing, and being handled in every other sport. I can't comment to the respect angle, maybe so. I do know that some of city's players continue to show up at schools where there are immediate playing time opportunities with little to no competition, so they can start immediately. Not blaming the players at all.

I do agree that blaming the LC team's current situation on the possible impact of the current group of 11th and 10th graders at City isn't correct, as I think there would be minimal effect if they had been pooled together. Tullahoma might've been a win, but other than that I don't see the combined group being significantly better off.

Fayetteville City is in its 2nd year. They are playing 9th, 10th,and 11th graders so of course they are playing JV games. Next year they will be playing Variety and having played together for 4 years they will be ready. Why do players want to play for City? Maybe its because they are treated with respect and they believe in the coaches and in each other. As far as academics- Lincoln county high school is a joke. Go to the TN Dept of Education website and look at test scores. Parents choose schools for their children based on many factors. Its not only about althletics. You can bet if the Falcons were having a winning season, people wouldn't be playing the blame game. DT has really made a mess of the program at Lincoln County.

City not only plays teams with 9th and 10th graders. Apparently you haven't been to any games. The majority of City players are 10th graders and they are playing teams with 11th graders. If you look at TSSAA rules this is allowed. As far as academics everyone has their own opinion. I do believe that good Coaches make good teams and mutual respect also plays an important part. As we all know everyone believes in their team Win or lose. Last year the City tigers had a rough year because they were mostly 9th graders playing 10th and 11th graders. They have and are continuing to get better. As far as NGA, duh, they are a 9th grade school not a high school, so there shouldn't be any comparison between the 2.

Edited by bballbaby

I'll allow your assertion that City is playing with a 'majority' of Sophs, and that the contributions of the Juniors are insignificant, and I've already acknowledged they're playing teams with Junior Varsity players (by definition includes varsity substitutes so could include Juniors, but wouldn't think Giles, Tullahoma, etc. would have significant numbers of such playing JV - coaches generally hold out the Varsity 2 deep for their varsity game on Friday). I also doubt that any of the JV teams City has played have MORE Juniors playing significant minutes than City does, so matchups at a minimum are Sophs vs Sophs, but let's say there are more Juniors and it really is a Sophs vs Juniors matchup. NGA is ALSO playing against them according to reports, and thus far results are comparable, which was my point. I'm objecting to the hyperbole of the "flourishing not only in academics but also in sports" assertion, as opposed to what could have been obtained at LCHS (with acknowlegement that even merging the two together wouldn't have affected the LCHS results this year significantly, and the assertion that NGA's 'flourishing' just as well).

City not only plays teams with 9th and 10th graders. Apparently you haven't been to any games. The majority of City players are 10th graders and they are playing teams with 11th graders. If you look at TSSAA rules this is allowed. As far as academics everyone has their own opinion. I do believe that good Coaches make good teams and mutual respect also plays an important part. As we all know everyone believes in their team Win or lose. Last year the City tigers had a rough year because they were mostly 9th graders playing 10th and 11th graders. They have and are continuing to get better. As far as NGA, duh, they are a 9th grade school not a high school, so there shouldn't be any comparison between the 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, uh, Terrygill2442 ... I was saying City was not 'flourishing', so I Think we're on the same side, sorta. I'm not going to denigrate everybody in there as trash, just the few that pushed through forming the new hs with so much notice and discussion. And I agree that the new hs will rarely if ever beat LC in most sports if they ever meet up (highly unlikely on it's own anyway). There is one thing about pissing on someone though - you can't take it back.

Edited by PortlandPantherFan