A-AA Euro poll is updated

MVM

Euro-Sport Update.......Hope Euro-Sport Rankings Updater is not an official Title someone owns

1. Christian Academy Knoxville (12-0-1)

2. Notre Dame High School (5-1-4)

3. Christ Presbyterian Academy (8-1-2)

4. Chattanooga Christian School (9-2-1)

5. Gatlinburg-Pittman High School (9-2-0)

6. East Hamilton High School (9-1-1)

7. White House High School (5-5-1)

8. Fred J. Page High School (6-4-1)

9. Signal Mountain High School (2-3-3)

10. Greeneville High School (2-4-2)

11. Hume-Fogg Academic (5-4-1)

DCurtis, I still think WH is stronger than EH & GP, neither of them have played that schedule in the last couple of weeks.......and I believe SM benefited from our poor play last week, but not enough to move up that far after the 6-0 lost to GPS (would like to think the Lady Irish can stay closer than that in a few weeks)

East Hamilton played CPA (then #2 in state) on the road to a tie and hosted the #1 in state tonight, losing 1-0 in a very good game that they should have won. The last two weeks they have played the top two teams in A/AA. What else would you have them do?

They are banged up, just trying to get healthy for the run but still playing two very solid teams over the last two weeks.

Edited by TNSoccer1960

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Hamilton played CPA (then #2 in state) on the road to a tie and hosted the #1 in state tonight, losing 1-0 in a very good game that they should have won. The last two weeks they have played the top two teams in A/AA. What else would you have them do?

Play Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, Catholic, Science Hill (top teams in the division above them) and have no losses through it. (Though to be fair, they haven't played Farragut yet, so....)

Look, I'm not trying to say your team isn't quality. Since I don't know much about them, I have to go with their record and schedule, and I don't think it is as impressive as CAK's. That is NOT to say that they aren't a good squad... They were good enough to keep a 1-0 game with a strong program.

You definitely have put EH on the "teams to watch" list for the playoffs, for sure. So congrats on a good game!

Play Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, Catholic, Science Hill (top teams in the division above them) and have no losses through it. (Though to be fair, they haven't played Farragut yet, so....)

Look, I'm not trying to say your team isn't quality. Since I don't know much about them, I have to go with their record and schedule, and I don't think it is as impressive as CAK's. That is NOT to say that they aren't a good squad... They were good enough to keep a 1-0 game with a strong program.

You definitely have put EH on the "teams to watch" list for the playoffs, for sure. So congrats on a good game!

Fair enough. Farragut is strong. Nothing else to say about the rest.

I tend to agree with you G. There are some talented teams in the Knoxville area that CAK can schedule.

Edited by cj1975

Aman G! I know how that feels. Coach Shim chases that kind of schedule. Not only that; you put your players at a high risk of injury against that schedule. Especially your aggressive good players. Most coaches are too worried about their win-loss to take that on, but the true soccer programs do it. Not that I care whether CAK ever wins another soccer gameicon_mrgreen.gif , but they play that nose bleed schedule and pull it off most of the time. Says alot about that coach and the girls co ming through the system. That is why they are consistently at the top of the food chain.thumb[1].gif

Euro-Sport Update.......Hope Euro-Sport Rankings Updater is not an official Title someone owns

1. Christian Academy Knoxville (12-0-1)

2. Notre Dame High School (5-1-4)

3. Christ Presbyterian Academy (8-1-2)

4. Chattanooga Christian School (9-2-1)

5. Gatlinburg-Pittman High School (9-2-0)

6. East Hamilton High School (9-1-1)

7. White House High School (5-5-1)

8. Fred J. Page High School (6-4-1)

9. Signal Mountain High School (2-3-3)

10. Greeneville High School (2-4-2)

11. Hume-Fogg Academic (5-4-1)

DCurtis, I still think WH is stronger than EH & GP, neither of them have played that schedule in the last couple of weeks.......and I believe SM benefited from our poor play last week, but not enough to move up that far after the 6-0 lost to GPS (would like to think the Lady Irish can stay closer than that in a few weeks)

UPDATED 10-1-12

1 Christian Academy Knoxville (13-0-2) 2 Chattanooga Christian School (10-2-3) 3 Christ Presbyterian Academy (11-1-2) 4 Notre Dame High School (6-1-5) 5 White House High School (6-5-1) 6 East Hamilton High School (9-2-1) 7 Gatlinburg-Pittman High School (14-2-0) 8 Hume-Fogg Academic (5-5-1) 9 Fred J. Page High School (7-5-1) 10 Signal Mountain High School (5-4-3) 11 Greeneville High School (2-4-2)

Let's see...A tie with Knox Catholic (unranked AAA) and a tie with Notre Dame last week for CCS....(only one game last week for Notre Dame last week, since Grace bailed out on playing us)...yea, that makes sense to bump Notre Dame down 2 notches and switch with CCS to 2nd...dry.png .......

CCS ties ND, CPA defeats lipscomb ( no comment ): then ND falls 2 positions to 4th behind CCS and CPA. Reminds me of the BCS poll. CCS pulls off a tie against ND and they can move 3 points up the poll. I love being Irish. At least you know where everyones bar is being set; even the pollsters. By the way: ND defeated a good Bearden team tonight 2-1, at Bearden.

If you get a chance CC; do you know who Bias is?

Edited by Booger

CCS ties ND, CPA defeats lipscomb ( no comment ): then ND falls 2 positions to 4th behind CCS and CPA. Reminds me of the BCS poll. CCS pulls off a tie against ND and they can move 3 points up the poll. I love being Irish. At least you know where everyones bar is being set; even the pollsters. By the way: ND defeated a good Bearden team tonight 2-1, at Bearden.

If you get a chance CC; do you know who Bias is?

I'm sorry CC, for not being more clear. I was looking for you to definition post

Edited by Booger